Computer nerds; help select laptop

chevysoldier

Buying a new laptop today and need some input. It'll be used for and at school, movies and videos, amateur photo editing, general web browsing. No gaming. I've attached screeshots of the three I've narrowed it down to as well as my search requirements. It'll also most likely be getting Windows 7 Pro put on it unless I can deal with 8.1. Thoughts?post-10969-0-11128100-1397660585_thumb.jpost-10969-0-15135500-1397660603_thumb.j

Option B. Same price, better processor.

If you aren't gaming or video editing I don't see the point in alot of RAM.

I've been thinking about that and came to the same conclusion. Better processor abd if I really need it, I can always upgrade RAM.

agree if you wont be gaming #2 is fine. but dont get it with plans to upgrade the RAM - it doesnt say it is possible like the other two do (they mention a 16g max, meaning you can add memory - not sure if #2 has that option because it isnt mentioned...ive had laptops with non upgradeable components before)

Thanks for the input. I went with option B. Even if i can update the memory, I really don't think I'll have the need to. And my Photoshop editing is just amateur stuff anyways so no big deal there. It should get shipped out today with free ground. Thanks guys

Kill yourself. I hate Apple. I refuse to even use iTunes.

And this is why we can still be friends.  I have to admit that I have had itunes installed on my PC, only to help out a friend that has an iPhone.  The phone is on my account, or I would have told them to pound sand.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully you aren't sharing a hotel room with him. If you are, bring ear plugs.

I never share for that reason plus I sometimes have nightmares. Not often, but I'm talking sit up in bed screaming nightmares. Killer white bunnies chasing me, but these bunnies are as big as a house with those glowing red eyes.

Hopefully you aren't sharing a hotel room with him. If you are, bring ear plugs. 

Myself and Heavyduty are sharing a room, from my understanding he believes that he snores louder than i do. So we will both bring ear plugs...LOL

I never share for that reason plus I sometimes have nightmares. Not often, but I'm talking sit up in bed screaming nightmares. Killer white bunnies chasing me, but these bunnies are as big as a house with those glowing red eyes.

:lol:

It'd be the best move Microsoft ever made. Then they'd finally have an OS that doesn't suck. :)

The instant that happens I'll go back to a Linux OS because I'm not going to be forced to use only MicroApple hardware.

A Chrome book and Office 365 is about all anyone needs anymore if you're not a tight wad.  If you are, then stick with the Chrome book and get open office or something.

Edited by r1crusher

A Chrome book and Office 365 is about all anyone needs anymore if you're not a tight wad. If you are, the stick with the Chrome book and get open office or something.

I've been using OpenOffice and/or Libre Office for several years now. Does everything I need.