Tire repair/replacement on Cleveland East side?

Ryan_c_F

Picked up a huge staple in my rear tire -- sucker was completely flat when I went to ride on Friday. I can try to get a picture up of the wound if necessary.

Anyone know of a good location in the Cleveland suburbs to get a tire patched or replaced?

This includes private parties willing to do some driveway work for fair compensation and/or free beers.

You can plug it yourself. Kits are $10 at autozone, plenty of youtube videos on how to do it but plugs can come out. East fix is to buy a new tire, Google 'motorcycle shops cleveland' and take it there. If you pull the wheel off and bring it to them it's usually around $25-35 to change tire and balance.

• Upvote 1

I agree. I don't think I would patch that one.  I patched one myself and it held but it was always on my mind when I rode.  I have read about people having plugs pull out on them. If it were located in a tread maybe I would consider patching. On a flat spot, I would replace it. And it looks like you would possibly have two holes to plug. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think I would plug that one. If it is a staple, does that indicate there are 2 holes that close together?

From the picture, the one end in the tread might not have made it all the way through.

A shop I use is called Dougherty's Motorcycle repair, located in Oakwood. It is located right off 271 and Broadway / Forbes. (440) 439-8688, ask for Perry.

• Upvote 1

I don't think I would plug that one. If it is a staple, does that indicate there are 2 holes that close together?

From the picture, the one end in the tread might not have made it all the way through.

A shop I use is called Dougherty's Motorcycle repair, located in Oakwood. It is located right off 271 and Broadway / Forbes. (440) 439-8688, ask for Perry.

I believe that both ends of the staple made it through.

If it were just one puncture in the fat part of the thread I'd maybe think about patching it... think I'm going to get it replaced.