The new pope is a commie. Religious right OWNED!!

Tonik

I'd rather look at windmills than coal mines and other bullshit that we do for electricity.

I personally think they look majestic and a sign of progress. Beats smoke stacks any day.

I vote for a 1 trillion dollar investment in solar. Likely bring the cost per home to just a couple thousand dollars and maybe rid ourselves of hideous high voltage power lines.

Change the world, but we couldn't do anything bold like that now could we??

We have spent WAY more than one trillion on solar. We have been spending money on it since the 70s. We have spent enough on it. It needs to work on its own or die.

How about we spend a trillion on starving people.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 2

We have spent WAY more than one trillion on solar. We have been spending money on it since the 70s. We have spent enough on it. It needs to work on its own or die.

How about we spend a trillion on starving people.

I call major Bull Shit on that.  

No way we spend anywhere near that much.

We let people starve.  We choose to do that and that won't change.  Novel goal, but I don't see it changing.  Cheap energy would make much more of a difference and save more lives IMO.

I call major Bull Shit on that.

No way we spend anywhere near that much.

We let people starve. We choose to do that and that won't change. Novel goal, but I don't see it changing. Cheap energy would make much more of a difference and save more lives IMO.

If we spent a Trillion dollars to feed starving people, the Tea Party and half the Republican Party would blow their little brains out. Like turnone said, we chose to let hunger happen and make it part of our societal makeup.

If we spent a Trillion dollars to feed starving people, the Tea Party and half the Republican Party would blow their little brains out. Like turnone said, we chose to let hunger happen and make it part of our societal makeup.

Show me a starving person in America who is not a victim of abuse. We've got the fattest, highest-tech, most tattooed, junk-food eating starving people in the world. Spend that trillion on government cheese, milk, eggs, quality meat, and fresh produce and I'll support with all my heart. Send these worthless fucks a check? I'm out.

• Upvote 1

Show me a starving person in America who is not a victim of abuse. We've got the fattest, highest-tech, most tattooed, junk-food eating starving people in the world. Spend that trillion on government cheese, milk, eggs, quality meat, and fresh produce and I'll support with all my heart. Send these worthless fucks a check? I'm out.

OK we can agree 100% on that!  Not that it matters to our agreement, but some of that abuse is corporate abuse.  Our glorious television system incessantly sells us "things we don't need to impress people we don't like" (Tyler Durden) and make up for problems we don't have with an urgency warranted by the threat of social ostracism.  But hey, at least it's done by the job creators, all be they hailed!

• Upvote 2

We have to feed 80 percent of the kids in elyria 2 meals a day all year long. We can blame whoever we want but the bottom line is if we didn't feed them they wouldn't eat.

We have to feed 80 percent of the kids in elyria 2 meals a day all year long. We can blame whoever we want but the bottom line is if we didn't feed them they wouldn't eat.

Victims of abuse. Mama smokes instead of providing food for the kids.... abuse. Ma pays for a cell plan instead of putting food in the mouths of children...abuse. I'll gladly feed them after mama has exhausted all her options.

Victims of abuse. Mama smokes instead of providing food for the kids.... abuse. Ma pays for a cell plan instead of putting food in the mouths of children...abuse. I'll gladly feed them after mama has exhausted all her options.

Totally true. But Monday morning there will be roughly 5000 hungry little kids at our district.

We have to feed them man. W can't let them starve. This is America, we take care of our poor...our huddled masses. It's who we are, our used to be.

They are little kids, they didn't ask to be born to crack head mom's.

• Upvote 4

Totally true. But Monday morning there will be roughly 5000 hungry little kids at our district.

We have to feed them man. W can't let them starve. This is America, we take care of our poor...our huddled masses. It's who we are, our used to be.

They are little kids, they didn't ask to be born to crack head mom's.

Very true. When you punish the offenders, the innocent kids suffer.

I actually wrote the last administration in Ohio offering up a plan. Very simple actually... Public assistance gives you a debit card. The cards can only be used for certain items at the store, certain clothing items at second hand stores, and a pre- determined amount of public transportation. Zero waste in junk food and no cash disbursements. You want cash? Get a job. It's not glamorous, but one can survive until they get a job.

• Upvote 1

Very true. When you punish the offenders, the innocent kids suffer.

But I get where you are coming from. Feeding them will get them through school...and most will become just like their mom and dad's. Feeding then isn't enough, all we have done is create four generations of poor dependent people

I got no idea how to fix it.

No body left in the hood that remembers what its liketo work hard and succeed. Hell they don't even know what that means.

You're freaking me out man, you're thinking like an independent.

Be careful not to group me too much. I'm a fiscally conservative, atheist, Jew, with as many gay friends as straight. Not tea party, but I like their fiscal thinking.

But I get where you are coming from. Feeding them will get them through school...and most will become just like their mom and dad's. Feeding then isn't enough, all we have done is create four generations of poor dependent people

I got no idea how to fix it.

No body left in the hood that remembers what its liketo work hard and succeed. Hell they don't even know what that means.

My wife (a former Columbus city school special ED teacher) and I were just discussing this.... How does a kid grow up not falling into the same patterns? I grew up thinking there were 17 grades of school including kindergarten. College was just part of the expectation. When three generations live off of the government check, how does one know there is something else out there? We've made it so acceptable, there's no shame and therefore nothing flagging these kids that "hey, this isn't right". Government cheese.... We have to make poverty uncomfortable enough to want to escape.

• Upvote 2

Hate the windmills.......they are hideous, not cost effective, and killing too many birds of prey. Global warming is no hoax and it is happening, but much of the data and facts being crammed down our throats is where the hoax starts and ends. The word "expert" means little these days, the appropriate words that need to be used are CEO's of particular big companies and lobbyists.

Lol at windmills... what exactly are they milling?

If the birds are too stupid to not get hit by a rotating mass, maybe they don't deserve to pass on their dna... and the ones who are smart enough not to fly through them will be the ones to breed.

• Downvote 1

Lol at windmills... what exactly are they milling?

If the birds are too stupid to not get hit by a rotating mass, maybe they don't deserve to pass on their dna... and the ones who are smart enough not to fly through them will be the ones to breed.

You answered your own question.  They are milling birds, and doing a great job of it.  Why do you hate birds?

• Upvote 2