Ohio CSBA ride May 24th

JCMathis

Since we got rained out for the May 10th ride I am rescheduling the May ride for the 24th. We will meet at Iron Pony at 9:00 am and planned to depart at 9:30. The ride is a 208 mile loop taking us down through the Hocking Hills area. Click on this link http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4560983 to see the route we will be taking. Hope many of you can make it. All type of bikes and beliefs are welcome. Nobody gets left behind.

Awesome to hear that the CSBA is still around. I finally got a sportbike so I can join. I know you don't need a sportbike, but it seems odd to me to be a part of a club that has sportbike in the name without owning a sportbike. Anyways, I won't be able to make it this time, but I will keep an eye out for future rides. If you all ever get down my way. Let me know St Rte 247 in Adams County is very nice and twisty. Also, St Rte 125 around Blue Creek and Shawnee State Forest is nice and twisty too. Love those roads.

Also, my church has a yearly ride event every 3rd Sunday in June.

OhioBob <*//><

Bob, it would be great to see you out there sometime this year. Glad to hear you picked up a sport bike.

Connie14, I ride a triumph sprint St 100 so sport touring bikes are certainly welcome.

Bandit, as far as pace. We have been know to run a pretty quick pace in the past but I would like to back it down some. Either way though, your pace is what you are comfortable with and we will not leave anyone alone. We wait for everyone to gather back up at each intersection we turn on. The best way to get more comfortable leaning that bike over is to ride with others that can show you a line to take.

JC - after riding with the slow group yesterday on the EPIC ride, what pace is "normal" for the CSBA group?

10 over on straights and 5-10 over suggested around tighter corners is about my comfort right now... don't want to slow any one up to much on the ride...

still plan on coming along, even if I have to tag along at the back of the pack...

You get faster by riding with faster riders. We do a brisk spirited pace thru the twistie stuff but a responsible pace in the straights. You will not be left behind. We wait at all intersections to bring the group back together. If you are having probs with pace or corners speak up and one of us will help with some pointers on your riding. I'll personally hang back and work with you if needed. If you really want to improve do a track day. I'm at Mid Ohio a lot and will help you there too

• Upvote 1

Since this will be the first group ride this season I cannot say but we usually have between 4 and 10 riders. It has certainly been more in the past but on average it is less than 10.

Hope you can make it.

Not finished as in just need some help to get it done ?

Ha, yeah I was going to take her somewhere since I've never done a sprocket before and didn't want to waste time figuring it out at the height of the riding season. Although, it appears I don't even have time to take her somewhere :-P

Ha, yeah I was going to take her somewhere since I've never done a sprocket before and didn't want to waste time figuring it out at the height of the riding season. Although, it appears I don't even have time to take her somewhere :-P

Simple to do, takes 15 mins

What part of the "Cowntry" might you be located in? Maybe we could pull some resources together to help you change that sprocket and get you rolling quickly again?