Mid Ohio 6-22 (twilight) and 6-23

F4iguy

does anyone know if sunday is sold out? was going to pay when i get there..

I attempted to register for it yesterday and it showed that there were no available spots.

dam, would hate to drive down for no reason. any idea how i can find out for sure?

I messaged Desmo Brian yesterday with the same question but haven't heard back yet.  I don't know of any other way.

ok. can you post somthing if he lets you know. ill check back here tomorrow , my own fault for waiting. i guess ill have new tire for pir next week then.

Will do. I'll be heading up from Charleston tomorrow. If I can ride great. If not I'll just take some pictures then ride on Monday.

Did I miss anything overly exciting ?

Yes, other than the heat it was a great track day! The last session getting canceled kinda sucked too; anyone know if that guy sustained any serious injuries? 

It was nice meeting a couple of you guys and putting a face to the screen name. To the guy on the blue/white bike, you gotta post that vid! Looked gnarly from what I could see in my peripheral... 

Yes, other than the heat it was a great track day! The last session getting canceled kinda sucked too; anyone know if that guy sustained any serious injuries?

It was nice meeting a couple of you guys and putting a face to the screen name. To the guy on the blue/white bike, you gotta post that vid! Looked gnarly from what I could see in my peripheral...

My gopro turned off less than 30 seconds prior to the crash so there is no footage. It seemed kind of gnarly from my viewpoint as well. :)

My girl works at Grant Medical Center. She txt'd earlier today and said he's got a broken clavicle and some broken ribs, he'll be alright. I was glad to hear that...,...I was really looking forward to the last session though.

He was pitted across from us. Was a good looking rc51.

actually the bike didnt look bad at all, considering all the commotion. Glad the rider was ok - it seemed pretty serious at the time. He run turn 1 wide?

My girl works at Grant Medical Center. She txt'd earlier today and said he's got a broken clavicle and some broken ribs, he'll be alright. I was glad to hear that...,...I was really looking forward to the last session though.

The reason for the cancellation which was my decision was based on a couple of factors.  One, Life Flight lifted with about 30 minutes to go.  So, by the time we'd do any calls, the Novice Group would have been the only group to ride that last hour.  Second, with what happened in that group, I just felt it wasn't the best thing to do and that shutting it down made best sense.

Yes, everyone got a shortened event by one session, but at the end of the day I made a call that I felt made sense.  The instructors all agreed from whom I asked and since it involved the Novice group, we felt it was the best choice. 

• Upvote 2

actually the bike didnt look bad at all, considering all the commotion. Glad the rider was ok - it seemed pretty serious at the time. He run turn 1 wide?

It was VERY serious.  Rider complained his back was very sore and he was struggling to breathe.  Mid-Ohio made the call to Life Flight as I think was the best choice.  We had a lot of confusion as I had to get a few pieces of important paperwork that was located at the top office - Medflight needed copies.  Any time someone is injured like that, they take it uber serious.  Which is a great thing as it also can be looked at as piece of mind for when someone crashes that Mid-Ohio has some really awesome emergency staff on hand.

When loading him, he was moving his feet and was a little loopy as he wasn't answering every question.  Probably a mild concussion (I hate to guess as I am not a doctor or trained to understand those things).  But, all in all, it was handled very professionally and timely.

Also, I have seen people die at the track and the bike easily could have been ridden away.  The bike itself didn't look bad, but I believe that it either struck him or he was hit by another rider...

Bike wasn't to bad.. I helped the staff load the bike back up.. I wasn't insinuating it wasn't good looking anymore.. just not as pretty as it once was.. I know nothing about the wreck other than in turn one

Thank you very much for the help.  I was a little scattered as these types of things cause me some flash backs and I was a little frazzled...