Mid Ohio 6-22 (twilight) and 6-23

F4iguy

Just to reminder twilight is for experience intermediate and advance only.1:47 is not really fast times for twilight.if you not in pace we can send you home without refund.

Guess I'm out then.

• Downvote 1

My opinion on twilights:

1:47 may be approaching the slower times for a twilight, but there are people who are running WAY slower than that...and I'm not talking about smaller displacement bikes.  If you are comfortable with the track, can reguarly get in the 40's and are fine with being passed at pace on inside and out it won't be a problem.  Last twilight I attended was on a shitty front tire that was stealing all my confidence...I was probably running low 50's and still passing a few people.

My opinion on twilights:

1:47 may be approaching the slower times for a twilight, but there are people who are running WAY slower than that...and I'm not talking about smaller displacement bikes.  If you are comfortable with the track, can reguarly get in the 40's and are fine with being passed at pace on inside and out it won't be a problem.  Last twilight I attended was on a shitty front tire that was stealing all my confidence...I was probably running low 50's and still passing a few people.

I am 1:49's and consistent low 1:50's.  I don't feel like being in the way or being told to leave so I guess I'll stay home on the couch.   :D

Edited by lowcel

1:47 may be approaching the slower times for a twilight, but there are people who are running WAY slower than that...and I'm not talking about smaller displacement bikes.  If you are comfortable with the track, can reguarly get in the 40's and are fine with being passed at pace on inside and out it won't be a problem. 

this is accurate. last time we were in the 48-52 range and having a grand time, and def not the slowest. never heard about getting sent home for being too slow. maybe for riding over your head and being a danger to others.

we are shooting for the 23rd. prefer the full day, more leisurely schedule.

1:49 is 1st novice group pace.to twilight come pro,and club racers.we all run together ,if the top riders run1:30-35s ,and you 1:47 and up ,it become safety issue.how intermediate riders like if 10 novice riders go to intermediate ,they complaint they shoulnd be there,right?

Put your egos aside if you not in pace come to regular track day.

Twilight is for advance and intermediate who's about go to advance,if you on bottom intermediate ,simple ger faster.

I'm not saying there is not people who are slow,but every twilight people complaint about the riders who are way off pace,and they mad at us why we not enforsing the rules.last 2 track days in advance we had 6 AMA pro riders,who knows how many coming practice Sunday.

Its fine You can hold line ,but when the slow guys bunch up together and it's 5-9 guys behind each other, typical for intermediate level,and they run 1:47-1:50 then you ruining the track time for the faster guys.yes they pass you ,and when you give them no option but do it inside then people complaint no inside passing.

This is not targeted to anybody personally,

1:49 is 1st novice group pace.to twilight come pro,and club racers.we all run together ,if the top riders run1:30-35s ,and you 1:47 and up ,it become safety issue.how intermediate riders like if 10 novice riders go to intermediate ,they complaint they shoulnd be there,right?

Put your egos aside if you not in pace come to regular track day.

Twilight is for advance and intermediate who's about go to advance,if you on bottom intermediate ,simple ger faster.

I'm not saying there is not people who are slow,but every twilight people complaint about the riders who are way off pace,and they mad at us why we not enforsing the rules.last 2 track days in advance we had 6 AMA pro riders,who knows how many coming practice Sunday.

Its fine You can hold line ,but when the slow guys bunch up together and it's 5-9 guys behind each other, typical for intermediate level,and they run 1:47-1:50 then you ruining the track time for the faster guys.yes they pass you ,and when you give them no option but do it inside then people complaint no inside passing.

This is not targeted to anybody personally,

Damn, guess I'm going to drop back to novice then.  Thank you.

Come on guys stop bying bunch of whining pussys.it take all of us some time before we get fast.if you not there yet,you not there yet.work on you stuff ,when you come to speed come play,until then stay in group you belong too.

Why everybody taking so personally when they told they not ready to go to higher level.

I personally thing you should move up when you can run the average group time,not the bottom one.

Because you can sign up to whatever level you want,don't mean you should go over your head.

Twilight are a mix of intermediate and advance riders; of course the fast guys are going to bitch about the slow guys holding them up.  If the fast guys think they are going to come to a twilight and get clean laps, that is their own mistake.  If Mid-O wants to set rules on required times, they need to state them before someone can pay for the event.

As for: 

I personally thing you should move up when you can run the average group time,not the bottom one.

You cannot be serious.  First off, the math doesn't make sense....where do the "slow" guys come from if the guys just bumping up are already running the average pace?  That would mean half of advance riders should be bumped down to intermediate.

Go out there in intermediate and tell me how many 40-42's you can click off in a day.  Then tell me if you felt safer during that day in intermediate, or during a normal advance day where there were a few "slow" guys running high 40's in advance. 

Types of Events

Standard Events (Single-Day and Two-Day): This course will be broken up into three groups (NOVICE, INTERMEDIATE and ADVANCED) by skill level to ensure a quality experience for everyone. Riders average 2 hours and 20 minutes of track time each day of this course.

Max-Time Twilight Events: Open to experienced INTERMEDIATE and ADVANCED riders. Intermediate riders will take the track for one 15 minute warm up session and then the advanced riders will do the same. Following the warm up sessions, all riders will be on track at the same time for the remainder of the event. Instructors will still be available to assist you at any time and the checkered flag will fly every 1/2 hour to insure that you come into the pits, take a break and get a drink before heading back out for more fun. To enroll in one of these events you should have ridden in intermediate or advanced levels at least 3 times in the past 12 months. This is to make sure you are comfortable riding with intermediate and advanced riders at the same time. These events have a riding start time of 5:00 pm and an end time of DUSK. Remember, that means the ending time will vary depending on what month of the year these events are held.

Go out there in intermediate and tell me how many 40-42's you can click off in a day.  Then tell me if you felt safer during that day in intermediate, or during a normal advance day where there were a few "slow" guys running high 40's in advance.

To be honest with you, I've had just as many close calls in advanced with slower riders as I had in intermediate. I didn't move to A until I could run 43s consistently so when I made the move I was already mid pack. There are plenty of I guys running under 45s to chase and learn from. I found I got faster by following someone just a little bit faster than me and getting used to that speed. I still try to do that. I couldn't learn anything from someone that blows by and i can't see after two corners.

I'm just asking not whining what the rules state......  when I went to one twilight event two years ago on a Motard and past half the intermediate group even with a slow 127mph straightway speed......so a simple yes or no answer is all you need with me.....are motards welcome at twilight event???  Just looking for a little track time before WERA races so a full day event is fine with me too

Edited by Chuck Clay

I'm just asking not whining what the rules state...... when I went to one twilight event two years ago on a Motard and past half the intermediate group even with a slow 127mph straightway speed......so a simple yes or no answer is all you need with me.....are motards welcome at twilight event??? Just looking for a little track time before WERA races so a full day event is fine with me too

I saw one riding at the last twilight.

All I know is that I'll be holding down the tail end of novice!

....and having just as much fun, if not more, than anyone else out there.

Edited by lowcel