Mid Ohio 6-22 (twilight) and 6-23

F4iguy

I will always back your calls there, you are one of only a few coaches that are there to better people instead of just get free track time.

I appreciate it.  I probably don't do as much as I should and ride maybe too much.  But, if the Intermediate class stuff helps, it is my way of giving back.  There is a great and easy balance of free track time and still helping via coaching, instructing, classroom, etc.  I firmly believe that since all are volunteers, they deserve free play time.  But, the customer comes first. 

Hey Desmo-brian...I hope my comment wasn't taken the wrong way. I was not happy when I heard there was a helicopter on the way for someone. I wish things like that wouldn't even have to happen. It is a race track though, and...,...,...

I guess what I meant was that I was having a good time up until then. I completely respect the day was shut down. I believe that was the right thing to do. It was good to hear this morning that the guy just broke some bones.

Sorry if I may have came off the wrong way.

Hey man, no problem.  Trust me, people take a lot of stuff out of context and I know first hand.  I never get butt hurt over the internet.  But, the part that sits best is when someone says something like you just did explaining.  Goes a long ways and gets my respect so, thank you.  Judgement calls are something that can be right or wrong.  But, they need made and I tried to take things in consideration.  Just didn't seem to make sense...  Hated leaving on a down type note, but I felt that we had a successful day for the most part and hopefully everyone went home satisfied.  It was a long and HOT day and I think a lot of people were beat.  I know I over worked myself a tad and didn't prepare as well as I should have prior.  I took a 12 hour long nap when I got home!!

• Upvote 1

back on subject.. the day went well.. weather held out fantastically! and my group I had come from indy that had never been to a world class org before.. we're highly impressed by the day.. good job on your first at bat brian it did well! oh and tell Matt Mahoney again thanks for the offer to Coach for the day.. I still think I should have taken him up on it

Thanks, man.  Not my first at bat though.  I used to direct the Mid-O events with STT and Todd has had me doing some this season when he cannot be there.  But I appreciate the feedbcak.  Now what color is the curbing exiting the pits?  :facepalm:

Thanks, man. Not my first at bat though. I used to direct the Mid-O events with STT and Todd has had me doing some this season when he cannot be there. But I appreciate the feedbcak. Now what color is the curbing exiting the pits? :facepalm:

I think they painted it yellow after we left on Sunday.

I think they painted it yellow after we left on Sunday.

Hahaha!  It honestly was yellow for years and that's how I recalled it.  I'm old.  This type of thing happens a lot.  Just like the third bridge is actually wrapped white and is not red like the others...  I said they were all Honda bridges...

Hahaha! It honestly was yellow for years and that's how I recalled it. I'm old. This type of thing happens a lot. Just like the third bridge is actually wrapped white and is not red like the others... I said they were all Honda bridges...

I rode for two days before I knew there were bridges. For some reason my eyes focus on the track instead of looking to see what color a bridge or curb is.

It's no Docography, but a quick cut of the footage I was actually able to get before my camera battery broke.

I found your video quality to be poor, your cinematography to be lack luster, your editing to be random, the overall directorial theme to be childish, the audio choice lacked creativity. I think your camera may have broken just to put itself out of misery. All in all, I find myself wishing for 3 mins of my life back.

My gopro turned off less than 30 seconds prior to the crash so there is no footage. It seemed kind of gnarly from my viewpoint as well. :)

Here is a vid from the session after lunch I think... My first few laps suuucked. I think we were running fairly close most of the day. 

Hahaha!  It honestly was yellow for years and that's how I recalled it.  I'm old.  This type of thing happens a lot.  Just like the third bridge is actually wrapped white and is not red like the others...  I said they were all Honda bridges...

lol, i felt lost when I came over the hill into Thunder Valley and saw the bridge had been rewrapped.  I always looked for the emblem on the bridge and pointed toward that before...