An Electric Harley? Whaaaaaat?

Tpoppa

50 miles? That's incredible. They could bar hop all week on one charge. :lol:

Haha, yeah, it's pretty pathetic. That thing could be a pretty sick little scoot with a 150-mile range.

I suppose you could spring for the Screaming Eagle quickcharge adaptor and Screaming Eagle extension cord, and charge it up outside your local Quaker Steak and Lube.

When someone starts using hydrogen fuel cells that can re-charge in a few minutes, then it will catch my attention.

The problem with hydrogen fuel cells is the cost of the catalyst. Platinum, even the thin coating required on the pem is just too expensive to be viable right now. Find another catalyst that works almost as well for a fraction of the cost and hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles will take off.

I'm liking the way that looks... It might even be a Harley I would want to buy.  That being said, the quantity of money I'm willing to part with is probably nowhere even close to the hypothetical MSRP.

The more I look at this motorcycle, there is absolutely no way HD engineering could have pulled this off.  I have $50 bucks that says this was designed by Buell and going to be a Buell motorcycle before HR shuttered them.  It was known that Buell had a electric model underway. 

The sidestand and footpegs are straight off the 1125R.  The forks, swingarm, rear shock, geometry, & wheelbase all very Buell looking designs.

The more I look at this motorcycle, there is absolutely no way HD engineering could have pulled this off.  I have $50 bucks that says this was designed by Buell and going to be a Buell motorcycle before HR shuttered them.  It was known that Buell had a electric model underway. 

The sidestand and footpegs are straight off the 1125R.  The forks, swingarm, rear shock, geometry, & wheelbase all very Buell looking designs.

It would explain the single front brake disc, too. Probably couldn't license the radial-mount or whatever it's called and just decided EH LOOKS GOOD ENOUGH LET'S ROLL

Edited by Ryan_c_F
  • Upvote 2

It would explain the single front brake disc, too. Probably couldn't license the radial-mount or whatever it's called and just decided EH LOOKS GOOD ENOUGH LET'S ROLL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh thats classic, Tonik has that as his ringtone on his phone. :lol:

The performance stats are pretty disapointing....74hp and 54 lbs torque. ...that's on par with a 30 yr old Jap i4.....so true harley as far as that goes...

Oh you stop!  It's their first electric motorcycle for pete's sake!  If you want more power, HD or not, you'll have to add lithium battery cells to support bigger electric motors and ESCs, and that costs weight and money.  It'll be blushingly expensive enough as it is...

Edited by smccrory

Truth is, I'm rooting for new power source, but the cost of these electric bikes makes it all academic for me. For the $10-15k these things cost, one could buy a used dual-sport as a commuter and dirt bike, another track bike and a another long-distance sled. I'd gladly test ride one though!

Edited by smccrory

In a motorcycle application, there really aren't any practical limits for the amount of power that an electric motor can produce.

The limitations are related to the weight of the batteries and the range they can deliver.

You could make a 500 hp electric bike, but it's range may only be suitible for drag racing.

Because if it's going to say Harley-Davidson it has to be covered in chrome googaws.

Yew jap crotch rocket riders don't understand things like heritage and tradition and other things that the great marketing machine tells us are important to us!

Edited by max power