FS: Soon to be for sale 2001 Dutchmen Toy Hauler - 30ft

madcat6183

Not sure when this will actually be for sale, for the right price/offer it already is, but we're upgrading to a 5th wheel after this summer, or before depending so here is what we have.

Dutchmen Classic 27 Srv - Toyhauler

I don't have pics because it's stored 35 minutes away, but it's like this model, minus the rear fold down bed and rear window. Garage is just setup as a garage with 2 sets of cabinets on each side.

http://www.getusedvehicles.com/craigslist_dutchmen-classic-27-srv

I obviously will have actual pics when we are listing it full out and all over the place(craigs, wera, FB, etc), but for now it's more just a testing the waters/heads up.

Has a new 10gal gas/elec water tank with auto light on the unit

Recently sealed all seams with dicor

New tires, upgraded to 16's from the 15's

Awning is in good shape and is full length, 28 ft

New water pump Has 2 fresh water tanks = 90=110 gals of fresh water

King size bunk, fold our sofa, and fold down dinette, can also fit a queen air mattress in rear or 2 of the jumbo cots, so sleeps 6 easily inside and 2-3 more in garage. Vented AC/Heat HUGE front bathroom, this is why we got this model, huge bathroom

Everything works 100% as it should and I am more than willing to help with setup/first use as I did with Bowdog on the last camper. Even winterizing etc. Unit is stored off Diley Rd in COVERED storage and has been for the 2.5 years I've owned it.

Only bad is it had a small leak in the front corner, I fixed it, but the closet has a little delaminating inside of it. Can't see it if you hang clothes and has nothing to do with functionality. Front ladder has a few mounting points that have rusted, but still functions and I get on the roof to clean it several times a year(222lbs). This unit was setup for 2 pitbull TRS units in the rear and the holes are still there, diamond plate floor. Has 4 tie down points as well.

I would like to get $7,500 for this as I have dealers offering me $6,000-$7,000 trade left and right which is what we'll do if we don't sell it outright. Just need a 5th wheel so my wife/Luke can have a separate bedroom from my dad when we are at the races and crewing.

Includes anti-sway, weight distribution system, ball, and I have 2 drop shanks that it came with but do not have a normal shank. If your truck can use any of the drop/lift shanks you're more than welcome, if not, HF has a full setup for cheap. Most likely if you're not lifted you will need a new shank or we can use a lift from one of the other shanks. When I bought it, i had my old truck and it came with a drop shank that I needed, the one I am using now is my FIL's and NOT included. Only thing you may need is the shank part, or a full setup at HF. John 419-610-5666

Edited by madcat6183

Can do that, I had found a 5th but it sold or else this would have been a fire sale.  I was at the races and let's just say even the dealer that sold it said the price was a big, big mistake.  7,000 less than it should have sold for.  Win some, lose some lol.

But yeah, I'll get with you or vise versa. 

Cool, like I said, if someone gets real interested, I can arrange a meeting at the TH, or get pics.  There isn't much to take pics of, most can vouch what I say is true.  Bowdog bought my last camper and I think he will tell you I speak the truth and am more than willing to help newbies.

Can I haul this or will I need max tow package?

I'm sure John can tell you the exact weight on the sticker from the factory but by the time you put gear, water, food, etc. in it I'd bet you would be close to 8500-9000 lbs.  I think you're rated at 9700 lbs with the stuff on your truck.  That doesn't mean you couldn't haul it but you're be pushing it to say the least (as I'm sure John might tell you).

Cool, like I said, if someone gets real interested, I can arrange a meeting at the TH, or get pics.  There isn't much to take pics of, most can vouch what I say is true.  Bowdog bought my last camper and I think he will tell you I speak the truth and am more than willing to help newbies.

YOU DIDN'T HELP ME MUCH YA DICK!!

:D

:lol:

I was willing to pay for fuel you cheap ass. :D  But it's been an interesting experience thus far with all the little shit that I've had to replace...city water inlet, gas hoses for tank to switch/regulator, water pressure valve, toilet valve, waste gates, etc.  And the truck gets awesome milage too!!  :lol:

One of you asshats buy this already so John can start his new threat..."My wife's new bathroom!!".

Shit...it barely made it into 6th gear about 5% of the time going to Putnam.  5th gear must be the sweet spot and the turbos were spooled up the entire time.  The up and down hills on 275 didn't help at all either.  I can't imagine what your mileage will be with John's trailer hooked to the back of your truck.  :lol:

After this weekend, my girl has pretty much told me that a toy hauler is mandatory... Lol

Anyone want a 24' enclosed?

how picky is your girl?  I have seen some nice non-camper enclosed trailer setups.  Air conditioning and a decent bed go a long way toward pleasing the women folk.  anyone can install a microwave and a mini fridge.

And that coming from the guy that was just railing the shit out of my truck going out to Grattan with a small trailer on the back.   :nono:

I sat in the passenger seat on the way home, I would beg to differ on who was railing the shit out of it.

how picky is your girl? I have seen some nice non-camper enclosed trailer setups. Air conditioning and a decent bed go a long way toward pleasing the women folk. anyone can install a microwave and a mini fridge.

Full bathroom is a must.

I was going to front half my trailer, but not sure on how to do the water tanks/heater and run all the propane lines. Never done anything like that before.

In her words:

"That would be uncouth"

I'm callin' BS.  It's not that it would be uncouth. It's because she'd be forced to come to terms with her poop being worse than yours because she can't flush it away before she has to look at it.

:lol:

Edited by r1crusher