Greetings from Akron

beaston330

Greetings and salutations from Akron(Well Stow). I was referred here by a friend, who I believe no longer posts here but still found my way to OhioRiders. I am a new owner of a 2009 Honda Rebel and it is my first motorcyle. I took advice or didn't take and went with the Rebel as it is suppose to be a good begginner bike. Many said I would look goofy and get laughed at, but I'm at the point in my life where I don't care, I just want to learn and be as safe as possible. I have taken the MSF course/recieved my endorsment and really enjoyed my experience with the in class and riding time. :hello: I am still learning and trying to aborb everything I can.

I am looking forward to becoming a part of the OhioRiders family and possibly meeting/riding with some members as well!

Cheers

-Brandon

Edited by beaston330

:welcomeor: 250 Rebel is something to start on at least. If you stick with it, you'll likely grow tired of it and upgrade to a larger bike in a season or so. A 750 vtwin cruiser is plenty tame enough and much more comfy

Welcome from another Akronite.  Good choice on taking the MSF course and starting with a bike you're comfortable with.  Who cares what others think and say, it's your life and your choice.  Ride safe.

Welcome to the forum from another Akron area rider as well.  This is a good place if you are willing to learn. Lots of good riders with a ton of good information. 

Keep an eye out in the rides and events section and hopefully you'll be able to attend some rides. That's the best way to learn. 

Thanks for the welcoming everyone. I will have to check the rides and events section frequently as that seems like a great way to learn and meet some folks as well. And that's the plan with the 250, they seem to hold value so well that It seemed like a great option for me to learn and practice the fundamentals then sell it to another new rider in a few years without taking a big hit.

Cheers,

Brandon

• 1 month later...