New Guy on the Block from Hilliard

TheSloMoShow

Hello all--- another forum member from zx6r.com referred me here a couple days ago and I'm glad to see such a group for Columbus riders. The forum looks great! I reside in Hilliard, so very close it seems to many of you. I've mostly been into sport bikes my whole life (have ridden a few sport-tourers/cruisers, just never owned one), and that's what I currently own. I have a 2004 Yamaha R1 and a 2004 Kawasaki ZX6r. I just bought the Kawi, and am looking to turn into a little bit of a project these next couple weeks/month. I've been so busy lately with work that I really haven't had much of a chance to go anywhere but a few bike nights at QS&L on Wednesday nights and a few other smaller ones around town lately--but no weekend rides for the longest time and I miss them. If any of you are around town or have places to meet up regularly, let me know! I'll post a few pictures of the two I ride below here--- keep in mind, I may own two sport bikes but I still love any bike for that matter and don't hate on anyone regarding the type of bike they ride. Looking forward to meeting some of you-- TheSloMoShow

guf4.jpg

kc3l.jpg

3s4j.jpg

q07z.jpg

0zcuk.jpg

uqp7s.jpg

Seems to be the only place I see any of you anymore. Lol.

You need to go to Sorebuttapolooza 2.0. (We just need Tonik to set it up.)

I am hoping to make it to the OR Gap trip next year. Coincidentally, I am riding the Tail of the Dragon tomorrow morning.

Edited by Connie14

I am hoping to make it to the OR Gap trip next year. Coincidentally, I am riding the Tail of the Dragon tomorrow morning.

Yes I do. I really hope I make the next one.

I thought everyone meets up at Deals Gap.

Welcome to the forum.

How often do you guys meet in N.C...? Or is there a similar version of 'Deals Gap' here in Ohio that you guys are talking about? I

Ello just south of ya I don't do bike nights but ride hocking ever so often if ya wanna ride.

I've been down to Hocking Hills quite a bit, just not recently with the work schedule I've had the last couple of months. I do need to head down soon though. Has anyone been east of Columbus at all-- a few riders I know said they have been to either I believe Cambridge/Coshocton area, and said there are some great country back roads to cruise on around there?

How often do you guys meet in N.C...? Or is there a similar version of 'Deals Gap' here in Ohio that you guys are talking about? I

I've been down to Hocking Hills quite a bit, just not recently with the work schedule I've had the last couple of months. I do need to head down soon though. Has anyone been east of Columbus at all-- a few riders I know said they have been to either I believe Cambridge/Coshocton area, and said there are some great country back roads to cruise on around there?

A bunch of people from OR head down there for 1 weekend a year. It was about a month ago.

There are some good roads headed up toward Coshocton. Take 79N from Newark, then head east on 541 toward Coshocton. There are a bunch of other good roads up that way. Keep your eyes open for threads, that is a common stating route for some of the group rides.

A bunch of people from OR head down there for 1 weekend a year. It was about a month ago.

There are some good roads headed up toward Coshocton. Take 79N from Newark, then head east on 541 toward Coshocton. There are a bunch of other good roads up that way. Keep your eyes open for threads, that is a common stating route for some of the group rides.

Awesome-- thanks, looking forward to venturing out that way.

:welcomeor: You build that R1 or buy it done? Do you run it at the dragstrip/mile?

Both--- friend of mine had pistons put in and the crank shaved, head ported and new swingarm added plus a few other odds & ends. I've re-wired the nitrous system and had the rest of it built (Velocity stacks, WOT activation switch for the nitrous, QS etc and anything else you can see on it). I've been working an odd schedule since the beginning of this year, (Fri-Mon) so I haven't had time to take it to the strip, but just got a new job offer and go back to Mon-Fri next week. So needless to say I'm pumped to get it out and drag it finally  :D

Sweet setup. I'd like to see it run the strip or the Ohio mile. Cant tell in the pics, but are those BST wheels? And you only took right side photos, so are you going to footshift that thing running nitrous or is it setup with an airshifter?

Sweet setup. I'd like to see it run the strip or the Ohio mile. Cant tell in the pics, but are those BST wheels? And you only took right side photos, so are you going to footshift that thing running nitrous or is it setup with an airshifter?

Weird--- I just recognized I don't have any pics uploaded of it's left side. I do have one but it's dark...in my garage. I'm not a fan of airshifters, feel that it takes away from too much of the fun. Although I was a little worried about shifting and grabbing multiple things with the clutch hand while spraying so I opted for the QS instead. They aren't BST wheels either-- they're stock but I took them off and had them sandblasted and re-coated and painted a wet gloss black which turned out pretty nice.

6khm.jpg

Here's a little taste for the ticking time bomb I have under my seat lol...many many wires.

hsph.jpg

Ah, didn't catch you'd mentioned quickshifter on the first page. That's still a far less risky option than having to consistently clutch it through your passes. Definitely some nice upgrades on the bike