LeBron James officially announces return to CLE

redkow97

I was a Cavs fan when our best player was Ron Harper...and Mark Price...and Tyrone Hill...and Ricky Davis...and big fat Shawn Kemp.  The decision thouroughly pissed me off.

I like the Cavs more than I dislike Lebron.  Like it or not, if here wins a title here there will be a statue in front of the Q.

LOL, when I'd shoot hoops with my buddy, he would always be Brad Daugherty and I'd be Mark Price.

I am sure that letter will make many in NEO feel better about the last 4 years.  It was very well written, but before you put too much stock into it...I seriously doubt he wrote it.  I'm sure he approved the final draft, but it was certainly written by his public relations/marketing team to help ease some lingering resentment.  And it's working.

It's being presented as if he said that directly to the SI reporter, but I'm sure you're right.

I would love to be the guy who writes celebrities' responses to this kind of thing.  I would prefer to write for someone like Colin Edwards (i.e. "yeah, I said it - sorry if it pissed you off, but I'm not taking it back.") rather than someone who just wants to avoid controversy at all costs; but either would be fun.

LeBron is still a whiny asshole

LeBron is the best basketball player in the game currently

I can let #1 slide to have #2 and possibly finally get a god damn championship parade downtown in my lifetime

Hmmmmmm.......I think Kevin Durant might even be better than the King.

I read his letter to NEO and wasn't impressed...wgaf.

You remind me of my buddy. Nothing is ever good or exciting or happy. Like him maybe you need a new prescription

But in that defense there were only a few lines that I enjoyed because you have to be a NEOhian to write it. Whether it was him, his agent or a family member I don't care

Edited by Bad324

Hmmmmmm.......I think Kevin Durant might even be better than the King.

He has the nod offensively and clutch ness. But you account for defense and ball skills, Bron wins out in those 2 categories Edited by Bad324

LOL, when I'd shoot hoops with my buddy, he would always be Brad Daugherty and I'd be Mark Price.

If you didn't kick out those feet in the oddest smooth jump shot, you wre doing it wrong :)

Mark Price is my favorite Cavs player of all time

You remind me of my buddy. Nothing is ever good or exciting or happy. Like him maybe you need a new prescription

But in that defense there were only a few lines that I enjoyed because you have to be a NEOhian to write it. Whether it was him, his agent or a family member I don't care

Bad, you're a funny guy but stop drinking the NEO Kool-Aid.   

"The Letter" will definitely make "The Decision" hurt a little less to many Clevelanders.

If the Cavs start really winning that will do even more.

I'm amazed that one athlete can have that much impact on a team, franchise and city.  

The city really could use a championship, I don't see that the Browns are going to do that in my lifetime :( and the MLB structure make it extremely difficult for the Indians to accomplish it.

Craig

Below is a decent article that explains the reasons...according to Cleveland.com which is the Plain Dealer which is a POS newspaper/online rag thing so take it for what it is worth. It seems plausible, he is doing it so he can increase each year as the cap increases. I am ok with that. If people are willing to throw a ton of money at billionaires so they can give some of it to millionaires to play a game that is their choice. He is entitled to get all that he can get.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2014/07/heres_why_lebron_james_signed.html

Think it's a smart business move on his end to do so. It's also a gamble on his talent which isn't a problem and a gamble on his health which he's been extremely healthy over his cReer

Below is a decent article that explains the reasons...according to Cleveland.com which is the Plain Dealer which is a POS newspaper/online rag thing so take it for what it is worth. It seems plausible, he is doing it so he can increase each year as the cap increases. I am ok with that. If people are willing to throw a ton of money at billionaires so they can give some of it to millionaires to play a game that is their choice. He is entitled to get all that he can get.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2014/07/heres_why_lebron_james_signed.html

LeBron and Johnny Derpball gonna help sop up all that extra money the Repubs left behind when the convention circus leaves town. BTW, if you have cable, or buy Nike sneaks, you're already throwing money at these guys.

So I am faced with a decision. The kid is giving me the first game tickets. Do I take the first exhibition game, or the first regular season game.  I am torn but leaning towards the first regular season game. The first exhibition game will be the first time he is back....but it doesn't count.....hard to decide.