LeBron James officially announces return to CLE

redkow97

All hating aside, he's a good basketball player and so it's a good thing that he's coming back to Cleveland.  Gets us some more media attention, etc.  All in all, I'm happy about it.  He's someone we can actually get behind.

Does this mean we can NEVER, EVER, EVER, have all this crap about him again in every aspect of the news?  In all honesty, does it matter?  It's Cleveland, someone will have a season ending injury in preseason, and they will bomb, like always.  You heard it here first.

Not to mention(no offense to OP, I'm a diehard CLE fan in every aspect) but honestly, who cares?  It's pro sports, has zero bearing on any one of our true lives.  Again, Chris, I don't mean that against you, just in general. 

• Upvote 1

LeBron is still a whiny asshole

LeBron is the best basketball player in the game currently

I can let #1 slide to have #2 and possibly finally get a god damn championship parade downtown in my lifetime

Does this mean we can NEVER, EVER, EVER, have all this crap about him again in every aspect of the news?  In all honesty, does it matter?  It's Cleveland, someone will have a season ending injury in preseason, and they will bomb, like always.  You heard it here first.

Not to mention(no offense to OP, I'm a diehard CLE fan in every aspect) but honestly, who cares?  It's pro sports, has zero bearing on any one of our true lives.  Again, Chris, I don't mean that against you, just in general. 

The NBA has never even been on my radar.  As a former die hard Browns fan, though, I can relate.  When Modell move the Browns (subsequently Ravens) to Baltimore after he didn't get his shiny new stadium from taxpayers, I suddenly realized I'd been a chump.  Easy to take when your 6 (which is when I started being a fan) - more difficult when your an adult. 

Since that time, I wouldn't give the smallest turd from my morning shit if the the NFL or NBA ceased to exist.

Now...If the Cavs can get Kevin Love in a sign-and-trade without giving up Wiggins...we could have Kyrie, LeBron, Love, and Wiggins for the next 4 years. On paper, that would be the best 4 in basketball.

(I was a Cavs fan long before LeBron).

Now...If the Cavs can get Kevin Love in a sign-and-trade without giving up Wiggins...we could have Kyrie, LeBron, Love, and Wiggins for the next 4 years. On paper, that would be the best 4 in basketball.

(I was a Cavs fan long before LeBron).

That's the big "IF"

Love already said he is interested.  The T-Wolves want Wiggins and a 1st round pick.

Cavs offered Waiters, Bennet, and a 1st round pick.  I bet they'll also throw in Tristian Thompson.  We won't need him with Love playing the 4.

I was a Cavs fan when our best player was Ron Harper...and Mark Price...and Tyrone Hill...and Ricky Davis...and big fat Shawn Kemp.  The decision thouroughly pissed me off.

I like the Cavs more than I dislike Lebron.  Like it or not, if here wins a title here there will be a statue in front of the Q.

• Upvote 1

your kid just made a shit ton of money. I wish I had a job and expendable $ because I thought of doing something similar with behind the Cavs bench seats

At some point in the season I will have an OR contest for seats.  I am thinking the best post slamming sportbike riders wins.  Something bizarre like that.

At some point in the season I will have an OR contest for seats.  I am thinking the best post slamming sportbike riders wins.  Something bizarre like that.

I could probably slam those democrat sportbike riders.   But the republican ones are all aces in my book :)

He is a cry baby, and if i was a Cleavland basketball fan i would be disappointed in this news!

This isn't directed only at you, because I know there are a lot of people who feel this way.  When you posted this, had you read LeBron's letter?  Have you read it now?   I would strongly advise that everyone read what he had to say before making any further comments.

I was of the mindset that LeBron does not deserve a welcome back - he left on bad terms, and at best I expected him to have to re-earn my admiration and support.  After reading the letter, it appears as though he feels the same way I did.  I respect his contrition, his candor, and the fact that he's not making grand promises.  In short, the 25 yr old who left Cleveland has grown up a lot in Miami.  If the letter is any indication, the boy who left is not the man who is returning.

Edited by redkow97
  • Upvote 1

This isn't directed only at you, because I know there are a lot of people who feel this way.  When you posted this, had you read LeBron's letter?  Have you read it now?   I would strongly advise that everyone read what he had to say before making any further comments.

I was of the mindset that LeBron does not deserve a welcome back - he left on bad terms, and at best I expected him to have to re-earn my admiration and support.  After reading the letter, it appears as though he feels the same way I did.  I respect his contrition, his candor, and the fact that he's not making grand promises.  In short, the 25 yr old who left Cleveland has grown up a lot in Miami.  If the letter is any indication, the boy who left is not the man who is returning.

I am sure that letter will make many in NEO feel better about the last 4 years.  It was very well written, but before you put too much stock into it...I seriously doubt he wrote it.  I'm sure he approved the final draft, but it was certainly written by his public relations/marketing team to help ease some lingering resentment.  And it's working.

I did after i posted this, and even though i HATE to admit this, it sounded very genuine and actual made me respect him.

• Upvote 1