So i crashed my bike and i love wearing gear

o-no-moto

Leathers are heavy and hot as fuck, but totally worth it.

Only when you stop moving.  Even at city speeds, I am quite comfortable in full leathers on an 80 degree day.  That's with my chest protector blocking a fair amount of the perforations as well.

I still don't wear riding pants. I blame it on the fact that there aren't a lot of options for women but that is becoming more and more BS all the time.

In fact, I tried on a pair of super sexy women's over pants almost a year ago now and didn't get them because I didn't want to pay the measely $70. After this I might finally break down and do it.

In fact, I tried on a pair of super sexy women's over pants almost a year ago now and didn't get them because I didn't want to pay the measely $70. After this I might finally break down and do it.

Let me see if I can help.

$70?! Damn, girl, normal slacks/pants/jeans can cost close to, or more than that. I paid $170 two years ago for an insulated, waterproof cordura overpant for cool weather and another $110 for a mesh overpant and still may get a cordura onesie and/or Kevlar jeans. I kinda figure as a parent, I owe it to my kiddo to mitigate the additional risk I take on with a bike.

Like I said, I need to stop thinking of gear as really expensive clothing, and start thinking of it in terms of "would I have paid $xxx.xx to not be bleeding and in pain right now?"  I can't foresee (m)any crashes where my injuries would be so minor that the answer would not be a resounding "YES."

• Upvote 1

I still don't wear riding pants. I blame it on the fact that there aren't a lot of options for women but that is becoming more and more BS all the time.

Agreed. Just shopping for pants, let alone riding pants is a huge pain but I need to find a pair. I have tried a few on & have found that even longer length womens are still too short... tall girl problems ugh [emoji52]

Agreed. Just shopping for pants, let alone riding pants is a huge pain but I need to find a pair. I have tried a few on & have found that even longer length womens are still too short... tall girl problems ugh [emoji52]

You might end up having to custom order a pair, but I bet one of the manufacturers would be willing to do it for no additional charge or a nominal up-charge.

You might end up having to custom order a pair, but I bet one of the manufacturers would be willing to do it for no additional charge or a nominal up-charge.

I haven't tried any mens pants yet but if those don't work either, this may be the avenue I'll have to take.

Let me see if I can help.

$70?! Damn, girl, normal slacks/pants/jeans can cost close to, or more than that. I paid $170 two years ago for an insulated, waterproof cordura overpant for cool weather and another $110 for a mesh overpant and still may get a cordura onesie and/or Kevlar jeans. I kinda figure as a parent, I owe it to my kiddo to mitigate the additional risk I take on with a bike.

I know $70 is a steal. And they were nice, too. I feel really retarded for not just buying them now.

I was trolling.....

I own a sewing machine and I know how to use it.

Schweet. I never understood guys who prized self-sufficiency to not also know how to sew. It's not that freaking hard, the basics anyway. I've saved hundreds of dollars repairing my and my daughter's clothes over the years.

• Upvote 1

Talk with MJ. She had fun looking for ladies tall gear. I remember looking for some sources, but she would know what was nice.

I would multi quote but it would be a lot so here I go. The jacket I felt worked pretty good my arm rolled over because my hand for a second was still grabing the grip. I have only had joe rocket jackets and the sleeve armor kinda floats in the sleeve idk if all jackets are like that but both mine was. Max power it was a off ramp that is on my way home I have hit a couple of hundred times. Only difference was I was trying the knee out method and wasn't used to it. I usually take a curve with the crack of my butt on the edge of my seat (helmet and dubbie  and a couple of folk on the epic and dream ride have seen me do it like that). Plus I was in 2nd gear and not 3rd like I normally am. When I turned on the power the tire just broke loose. My own dumb ass fault.

My own dumb ass fault.

It almost always is.

Not slamming you, just felt the need to point that out for anyone t might have forgotten that.. Very glad you are ok.

Edited by Tonik

Hahfzr - when I had my 15 mph excursion (damned oil), the elbow armor on my Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 rolled right over and left the thin Cordura to burn through to my arm. I'm really happy with my JR Comet (leather on elbow/shoulders, better fitting arms with better elbow straps, heavier cordura), but I will not own another JR mesh jacket. The elbow protectors are useless without a something positively holding them in place - the Phoenix 5 utterly fails with the silly fold over snap system at the elbow. I'm looking for something with actual straps at the elbows like a Tourmaster Intake 3.

Edited by Phreon

Glad you're up and typing about this.

Do you mind if I ask what you were wearing on your legs?  I just rode in with jeans on, which I probably need to stop doing...

I just had on my work pants.

I own two pair of AGV pants Teluride and Solare. Never crashed in them so can't comment on that. They fit good but you have to buy larger than normal. Seems Italian guys are scrawny nancy boys. Telurides are 3XL Solares are 1XL and I'm not all that big 5' 8" 215 lbs. They are well made.

• Upvote 1

Only when you stop moving.  Even at city speeds, I am quite comfortable in full leathers on an 80 degree day.  That's with my chest protector blocking a fair amount of the perforations as well.

I'll second this. I picked up a Spidi one piece suit for around $400 from the WERA classifieds site. I had it on the other day when it was around 90 and it was still comfortable.