August 2nd ride......where?...

Heagachongoose

Hey. Looking to get a group ride up and going for Saturday August the 2nd. Rain or shine. But. I'm not familiar with any motorcycling roads outside of Kentucky and scioto county ohio. Looking for suggestions for a fun and challenging route. The curvier the better :yes: clean roads preferred. Obviously lol.

The obvious ones that come to my mind are

Anything in the hocking area

555??? Still covered in gravel?

I don't know where else.

Looking to stay within 100 miles south or west of Columbus. As Far East as hocking but no further.

I'd be happy to show you some of the good stuff southeast of Zanesville,but it would have to be on a Sunday...I'm working 6 days a week.It would also have to be near the middle of August because I'll be in Virginia this weekend and when I get back the '13 FJR is going in the shop for it's 26,000 mile service.

I think I could put together a route that would satisfy your curvier the better criteria,either a loop from Zanesville to Marietta and back,or head south and end up a little east of Ironton.

I see you're from Portsmouth...have you rode the good stuff over in Galia and Lawerence counties?

Drc32-0, I'm sure we could work out another date for a ride later in august. I'm always down for a ride.

If you could put a quick loop together that would be awesome. Much appreciated.

And no. I have not. I've done a bit of riding in Lawrence county but not much. Never set foot (or wheel) in galia county. I hardly venture east unless I'm down south in Kentucky or West Virginia. The roads are too good down there to ride anywhere else! But I am always open to new roads. What do you suggest out that way?

Justinnick1, thanks for the suggestions. Unmarked curves don't bother me. In my opinion if you aren't riding at a pace to be able to handle unexpected situations as a rider then you shouldn't be riding at that pace as a motorcyclist. Thanks for the heads up. Clean? Low traffic? Sounds like winners to me :D

And nope I've never seen the big Muskie bucket. I'm assuming that is the picture pictured correct? Seems like quite the sight. I will have to stop and gander.

We did a route down that way about a month ago that had some good twisty roads.the full route is over on rideohio under hillbilly hot dogs rte.Off the top of my head it was something like

...141>775>hannon trace>790>775>141>217>greasy ridge>775>217

217 from 141 to greasy ridge was paved last month and is twisty.217 from 218 to 7 is only about 5 miles,it's a. Very twisty ride.790 is a good ride as is 775 and 141 around the Wilgus and Lecta areas.Hannon Trace is is about as good as county roads get...newer pavement and it T's into 790 that also has very good pavement.

218 is also good ,the best part,south of Mercerville is chip/seal,good chip/seal but still chip/seal.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to check these roads out te other day. Some great riding. Thanks for the suggestions. I think my personal favorite was either 141 from kitts hill in a few miles or 790. Timed it just right on 790 and passed through right as the sun set over the hills. Parts of 775 were pretty good too. 218 was intense at some points. Seemed like every curve in the road was a blind 90 degree turn lol

I could see why you choose to ride the whole length of 775 and 790...they are both very good roads!

I might be up for a ride on Sunday,the 16th.would you be interested in meeting in Zanesvllle and heading down that way?

The route would look something like this...

669,377,792,676,555,550,33,691,356,50,32,689,325 into Galia county and hitting some of the good stuff in that area.

i regret not getting the opportunity to ride with you dan, :( one of these day when i treck down we should meet up. But as of now my plans for ohio one day trip is to restrict to coshocton, the marietta one was too brutal. 

I might be up for a ride on Sunday,the 16th.would you be interested in meeting in Zanesvllle and heading down that way?

The route would look something like this...

669,377,792,676,555,550,33,691,356,50,32,689,325 into Galia county and hitting some of the good stuff in that area.         

Cool. Do you mean saturday 8/16?? If so then yes. I would be interested in doing that.

Cool. I may bring a friend or two to tag along. Just looked at a general weather report for the lower ohio area. 86 with some scattered cloud cover. I'll look at a more precise forecast later tomorrow and see how things look. Either way rain doesn't bother me. I will be in Hebron Sunday regardless, in the event of excessively rains I would still like to at least meet up.