Opinions needed on weird wood project

max power

That does look nice, way to go bubby. I did a similar thing for my wife with a rock she picked up the day i proposed to her. I used a dremel with a tile grout bit and engraved the date i proposed to her on it. I filled it with paint, and put a clear coat on it. She still has that rock 16 years later.

Drop that off as soon as you can bubby if you want me to do it. I plan to have my guys shoot that thing every couple hours for the next couple days so i know for a fact that it is completely sealed.

KZ Kari did a fantastic job engraving this and I can't thank her enough!

I picked up some Arm-R-Seal on the suggestion of a good friend who refinishes lots of furniture and wood projects, then, Bowdog offered to seal it in bartop epoxy.

What to do?

The guys at the woodworking store on Bethel said to seal it well or it will continue to dry and crack.

Think I'm gonna go with the epoxy unless someone has a compelling reason I shouldnt.

I'm glad it turned out as well as it did, and that you're happy with it. It's certainly a great idea and was a pleasure to help. Your wife will love it. You'll definitely have to post more pictures when it's complete. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, I gave my wife the weird wood last night, and she loved it.

Big thanks to KZ Kari for the engraving and Bowdog for the 26 coats of clear.

Pay no attention to my state of inebriation. The pic was taken after everyone left the party last night.

post-9745-0-66373400-1409615840_thumb.jp

Edited by max power
  • Upvote 3