Michael Brown shooting

Gump

Again, Michael brown was just the catalyst for this reaction.

Michael Brown was the catalyst for looting, rioting, and half-assed protesting.  They want 3 things:  free shit, attention, and a magic fix to their perceived injustices.

Instead of a "state of emergency" reaction, all the police should take a vacation. We'll see how peaceful everyone gets  

Michael Brown was the catalyst for looting, rioting, and half-assed protesting. They want 3 things: free shit, attention, and a magic fix to their perceived injustices.

Instead of a "state of emergency" reaction, all the police should take a vacation. We'll see how peaceful everyone gets

LoL, oh to live in your world for a day. I bet you know exactly what is like to live as a minority in poverty in a town where authority figures are prejudicial.

LoL, oh to live in your world for a day. I bet you know exactly what is like to live as a minority in poverty in a town where authority figures are prejudicial.

I bet you know exactly what it is like to live in an abusive "police state" with a lopsided justice system.

I bet you know exactly what it is like to live in an abusive "police state" with a lopsided justice system.

I enjoy my white privilege, but it doesn't mean I can't be sympathetic to those who don't have it, or that I have to assume the worst about their character, integrity, or motives.

I enjoy my white privilege, but it doesn't mean I can't be sympathetic to those who don't have it, or that I have to assume the worst about their character, integrity, or motives.

Instead of being sympathetic, maybe you should be proactive, and help those in need.

I wasn't making generalizations about the community.   I was calling out the people that act like children.  

Again, nothing to do with Michael brown, a community of people who are not represented by officials in their community.

Are you saying, since the majority of officials don't look like the general population, they don't(can't possibly) represent them?  Are you being racist?

Hmmm....if there was only a way for like minded individuals to pick someone represent their interests as a collective group.

Edited by Tigerpaw

Again, nothing to do with Michael brown, a community of people who are not represented by officials in their community.

Your idealism is admirable. There are some in this mess that truly feel disenfranchised. There are some that loved and miss poor young Michael. Then there are looting thugs. I guarantee those thugs aren't feeling the pain of lack of representation. They're thugs.

Edited by C-bus

Your idealism is admirable. There are some in this mess that truly feel disenfranchised. There are some that loved and miss poor young Michael. Then there are looting thugs. I guarantee those thugs aren't feeling the pain of lack of representation. They're thugs.

And now you're getting closer to the reality of the situation. Though my guess for the percentage of those protesting for the reasons listed is probably higher than your guess, I concur with your assessment.

The crime is far from identical. The tea was the problem, as in Tea Tax. The local 7/11 isn't the problem, yet it's being ransacked.

Again, your justification for the crime is different, the crime itself is identical. They entered places that were not their property, and stole goods that did not belong to them.

Again, your justification for the crime is different, the crime itself is identical. They entered places that were not their property, and stole goods that did not belong to them.

The Tea Party was a rebellion against the Government of the time. It is directly related. The local stores being looted have nothing to do with it in Ferguson. There is your difference. To try to say it is the same is asinine.

The Tea Party was a rebellion against the Government of the time. It is directly related. The local stores being looted have nothing to do with it in Ferguson. There is your difference. To try to say it is the same is asinine.

Did the tea belong to the government? No, it belonged to merchants. you can say it's different all you like, but the crime is the same.

Merchants lost goods in both cases.  You are so wise...or...

The tea was destroyed on sight, to make a political statement.  All in one specific incident.

Goods are being stolen in Ferguson, for personal gain. Across many different occasions.  Is stealing alcohol and beauty products, from your own community, a productive way to express your distrust for an abusive police force?

• Upvote 3