unOFFICIAL FALL Epic Ride - Saturday September 27

DerekClouser

Welcome to Fast Group. 
  • The first rule of Fast Group is: you do not talk about Fast Group. 
  • The second rule of Fast Group is: you DO NOT TALK ABOUT FAST GROUP! 
  • Third rule of Fast Group: there is no crashing in Fast Group!
  • Fourth rule of Fast Group: everyone will ride within their limits!
  • Fifth rule of Fast Group: pass each other only to adjust the ride order and not in turns.

I remember motorcycles and faces better than names.  No one in the fast group broke rule #3.

No cops.  No drops.

For an after ride wind down, I just drank a shit ton of vodka at my neighbors house.

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 2

We are home.

30 bikes at the ride today, was absolutely awesome.

Thank you Jack for stepping in an leading the med slow group.

Thank you Derek and wolfman1 for setup and organization.

Thank you Hellmutt you did great and did not get lost!

Thank you Shadyone for sweeping our group.

And thank you all that rode today!

Am 25 minutes from home. Couldn't tough it out for the last little bit, I needed a break. Just gobbled up two of the three granola bars that were under my seat all day, haha. Oh, btw, saw this at a rest stop on my way home, it was pretty cool

b57083233cdc8d2129bef425d4e507cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't take a single pic all day today. My primary focus was all about the route and meeting other riders. Glad to have met everyone, and see familiar faces again too. Ready for Epic Ride 2015 to get here already

• Upvote 2

Home!  Let's see, I left at 7 am, and got home at 11 pm... So that's a 16-hour day.  7700 miles on the bike when I left and 8246 when I got home means 550 miles today.  Hrm, that's an average of 34 mph for 16 hours straight.  Not bad!

It was GREAT to meet everyone... I may be terrible with names & faces, but it's still nice to put a face to a screen name.  I think I met most people, although I'm sure i missed some... Tpoppa, for instance, dodged me!  

The next time I wanna ride 3 hours to get to a ride... someone talk me out of it! :)  I don't envy Tim, either, on a supersport with nearly the same commute as me :D

Thanks to Derek and Wolfman for organizing, and to JackFlash for stepping up to lead.  Great job!

Also, I'd like to point out that there were 3 YZF600R's in attendance today, making it the most popular bike ;)

I'm going to go ask my wife to rub my tushie now :) G'night everyone and thanks again!

Damn...I can't believe I missed this. I was just now checking the thread before heading down there in the morning to the meetup. I thought the ride was tomorrow!! Doh!

Damn. Well, I'm riding tomorrow if anyone wants to meet up somewhere. Agghhhhahahaha!

Thanks Derek and crew for setting this up. The route was stellar. Was nice to put names with faces and see some guys that I haven't seen in a while. Nice job Hellmet for the tow and Shadyone for putting up with me in the rear. Tossed NinjaDoc a couple texts thru the headset when I had service. He really wanted to make this but his plate in Detroit is really full at this time and just could not pull it off. Missed you Homie as did many others. We will ride together again someday. Only 540 miles for me but throwing that whale around whipped me more than the 1100 miles we did for Sorebuttapalooza earlier this year.

• Upvote 3

I had a great time yesterday. Kudos to the organizers and ride leaders. It was great putting names with faces. Millstone was an excellent choice for post ride meal. I was thoroughly exhausted by the time I got home and would do it all over again.

• Upvote 2

Another unOfficial Epic Ride in the books and it was epic fun. Officially.

Awesome day and a great ride with good people.

Thanks Derek and Wolfman for putting together and Helmutt for leading the medium group and Shadyone for the sweep.

Edited by DAC
  • Upvote 2

Thank you to everyone who attended!!! You made this event uphold it's name, Epic Ride!!!  

The event didn't have as big of a turnout as some of the other events, but everyone was very social, and that made this event special.  A lot of new faces showed up, and I was able to meet a lot of new people.  

No egos throughout the ride, which was awesome! Everyone came out for an enjoyable ride, and I won't speak for everyone, but I believe it was perfect for one of the last rides of the year before the dreaded winter. 

A special thanks goes to Wolfman1! Thanks for getting there early and putting up the signs. They were well designed and made for easy organization.

Apologies to everyone that I couldn't get everyone rounded up for a quick meeting before the ride, the NEO group got there late and wanted to get the fast group off quickly so those who needed to get home before dark, could still possible do it. 

Not as many pictures and videos were taken at this event, but that's mainly because we missed Nivin and Dan, but I definitely saw a lot more interaction between riders. I think that was a huge focus for many riders this year and that's great!!

Tpoppa, JackFlash, and Helmutt  -- Thanks for leading the other groups! This route isn't the easiest and you guys executed flawlessly!   The transitioning of riders to different groups was perfect and kept everyone as safe as possible. 

Jacobhawkins and Heagachongoose - Thanks for bearing the med-fast group throughout the duration - Apologies for the first half, just couldn't get comfortable on the new bike and was mentally blocking some things apparently, but we definitely picked the pace up in the second half of the ride. Jacob, I look forward to our next ride together! You throw that whale around great and I've seen your progression over the last few rides. You've definitely progressed greatly! Not only in your riding, but your confidence on the bike has increased drastically as well!

TimtheAzn - Thanks for coming! You did it on the triumph! Close to 500 miles and you even said you weren't sore.  I wonder how you feel today reading this but nevertheless, it was nice meeting you! I better see you on some more of our NEO adventures. Next time we won't slab the last part home!! All twisties!!

And to everyone elseI forgot to mention! Thank you everyone for coming and I hope you had as great of a time as I did!  I hope everyone wants to come out for the next Epic Ride in the Spring 2015!!!  I promise the t-shirts will be made this time! I'm going to spend the winter finding a dependable guy. I have some great ideas for the next shirt, involving both sides of the shirt!!! 

If anyone has any ideas on how to keep improving the event, please feel free to post here or send me a PM. I am always open to suggestions. I believe Nivin and I are going to be creating an LLC for the ride, which may open up to some sponsorships. Some ideas I have are bringing in a mobile dyno to the event so those who want to dyno their machines can do so. A local motorcycle shop also mentioned that they would be willing to come out and grille some food for us and offer some special discounts at their store as well. All great things to make this event better!!!

SEE YOU ALL AT THE NEXT EVENT!!!!

PS: Snot get back in the kitchen!!

• Upvote 3

Thank you to everyone who attended!!! You made this event uphold it's name, Epic Ride!!!  

A special thanks goes to Wolfman1! Thanks for getting there early and putting up the signs. They were well designed and made for easy organization.

Jacobhawkins and Heagachongoose - Thanks for bearing the med-fast group throughout the duration - Apologies for the first half, just couldn't get comfortable on the new bike and was mentally blocking some things apparently, but we definitely picked the pace up in the second half of the ride. Jacob, I look forward to our next ride together! You throw that whale around great and I've seen your progression over the last few rides. You've definitely progressed greatly! Not only in your riding, but your confidence on the bike has increased drastically as well!

Yeah, thanks, Wolfman1, the signs were real nice, it was good to see you before the ride.  In regards to my riding difference from the spring to now...  I was coming from a Nighthawk 750 and just got the FJR about 2 weeks before the Spring Ride.  I was hanging on for dear life in medium-fast!  haha  Put on about 6500 miles on since then, so I'm glad it's not all been a waste!

by thursday i was almost sure i cant make it, but kept a faint hope alive till saturday morning. By 4 AM the final nail on that coffin was put. There was no way i could make it down there in time and get back to finish stuff :( I txted derek and jerry earlier that i wont be able to make it. Didnt want to post here and bring in more negativity. Yesterday was perhaps the first epic ride with a great weather prediction, and one of the best riding days out there. And i couldnt make it :crytroll:

Every second i look outside it was painful, i kept txting jerry to hear about the progress and called him for a report :D vicariously living the ride through his presence. Heard the names of all the regulars and new comers, missed meeting you all.

Derek as always doing an outstanding job, Wolfman hats off to you to come out and help. What happened to dan? no news from him these days. 

Anyways regarding what Derek said regarding expanding llcing etc, Was waiting for this ride to talk to many in person but alas it didnt happen :(   Would like to know opinion of all but its impossible to communicate with each and every one. So was thinking of pming at least couple of regulars from each zone. Its a hard call to keep it simple while interesting. First priority will always be the ride and the riders itself i guess. Will Leave it to majority opinion.

• Upvote 2

Georgia and I had a great time. Fun roads and beautiful countryside up there.

We had a late start, around 640am, made it home around 930, but we did stop at a Cracker Barrel... And can you go to Cracker Barrel without shopping for useless junk?

Anyways, thanks for having us!

I actually feel pretty good today! Idk if I was just out of riding shape last year or what. But it was def fun! Nice to see everyone again! Even the slab home didn't bother me, actually didn't mind getting home that much faster lol.

Sent from my iPhone.