My new bluetooth/music solution

Josh1234

Before, I was riding with earbuds under my helmet.  The wires were always a pain in the butt.

A guy at work (who rides a Ducati Diavel) recommended I check out the LG bluetooth earbuds - the kind that have a ring that sits around the neck.  

I found some from www.nexlus.com for $34.  They're the LG HBS-730.  There were some mixed reviews... the HBS-730 seems to have better sound quality than the HBS-700, but can experience frequent drop-outs of signal.  I figured I'd give them a shot.  My coworker told me that I would just need to tuck in the around-the-neck part under my jacket so they don't get blown away.

I got them last night (I ordered them on August 8, 5 days prior) and wore them in to work this morning.

They work great!  I just tucked the earbuds in, stuck my helmet on, made sure the neck part was safely under my jacket collar, and had 0 problems.  

Now, the music controls are on the ring part, so they were out of reach, but I use a Pebble wrist watch as a remote, and that fits around the handlebars. I don't like to play my music on my ride until I'm on the highway... On city streets, I need to hear more.  

With my earbuds, the right tended to drop out mid-ride, usually, but both of the little rubber earbuds on the LG headset grabbed pretty well and neither came out on the ride.  They do a great job of sound isolation, too.

Just thought I'd share... If your phone has bluetooth and you want to listen to music while you ride, $34 is a pretty cheap solution.

http://nexlus.com/index.php/electronics/lg-electronics-tone-hbs-730-bluetooth-headset-retail-packaging-black.html

• Upvote 1

I hate to be a buzz-kill, but you really ought to check out the Sena or other in helmet BT systems. Navigation, cell phone, and music wirelessly. I can change my playlist with a voice command, then verbally send my wife a text message that I am running late. I never need to slow down or pull off the road.

Congrats on the BT ear buds. As the opportunity presents itself, you should check out the in-helmet BT systems. After you use them a couple times, there is no going back.