car shopping...

Gixxus Christ!

I also have a 2013 optima SX, 2.0 turbo. I've had it for two years, 46k. I love it, and have had no issues. My only complaint is the navigation system. It often likes to take routes that aren't the most efficient. I prefer using Waze for navigation anyhow.  

I have a 2011 Legacy 2.5 Premium ( heated seats and defrosting outside mirrors) with a CVT transmission. This is my first Subaru, Purchased with in late 2011 with 22,000 miles. Paid 22K for it, Subaru Certified used car.

Currently has about 70,000 on it. This car is excellent in the snow with snow tires and the all wheel drive. Gas mileage averages around 34 miles per gallon.

This will not be my last subaru. 

I cannot say enough good about the wife's Camry XLE.  4cyl with lots of power and on a recent trip to Traverse City it got 37 mpg running at 80!  Heated leather seats, great stereo, bluetooth, traction control, 6 spd auto, sunroof..  

I cannot say enough good about the wife's Camry XLE. 4cyl with lots of power and on a recent trip to Traverse City it got 37 mpg running at 80! Heated leather seats, great stereo, bluetooth, traction control, 6 spd auto, sunroof..

Carie loved her Camry. We had the V6 SE.

You can get a used Verano or Regal under $20k fairly easy. I've been really impressed with my wife's Verano. If you want balls, look at the regal. Them bitches are surprisingly fun to drive

I have a good friend at a Buick dealership in Avon and they have several Verano's and they have a Regal GS! :D Now the GS would be a stupid fun car to have.  All of them are CPO and all of the Verano's are under $20k and the GS is at $25k.  I know my guy there could work the numbers a little bit on the GS but it will still be a over $20k probably.  But it's a fully loaded out car and I've seen some guys tuning GS' and getting over 280hp from the little 4 cyl. turbo.

You need this GS. :D

http://www.drivejoyce.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2012-Buick-Regal-GS-Avon-OH/2320803653

Edited by r1crusher

Is your guy Alex Joyce? That's who we got my wife's Verano from and who I originally was gonna lease an Acadia with. But taking a massive hit on salary with the new job ruled out anything but a used vehicle for my budget

No, it's not Alex but I do know him also.  My guy is Karl Witt.  Super nice guy and he will not BS you.  If he can make it happen, he will and if he can he'll just tell you straight up.  No pressure on any of the cars I have or my family have bought from him (which total 6 cars so that should say something).

Probably pulling the trigger on the legacy today. Negotiated via email and got him down to 24k out the door and he's going to meet or beat the 3.26% loan our bank is offering us. Car was listed at $22,760 and taxes alone are $1500 so I don't think we got beaten up too badly...

• Upvote 1

I have a good friend at a Buick dealership in Avon and they have several Verano's and they have a Regal GS! :D Now the GS would be a stupid fun car to have.  All of them are CPO and all of the Verano's are under $20k and the GS is at $25k.  I know my guy there could work the numbers a little bit on the GS but it will still be a over $20k probably.  But it's a fully loaded out car and I've seen some guys tuning GS' and getting over 280hp from the little 4 cyl. turbo.

You need this GS. :D

http://www.drivejoyce.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2012-Buick-Regal-GS-Avon-OH/2320803653

Very nice GS.

one item to check for on the Subaru, what brand and model tires are on it? When I bought my 2011 Legacy, it came with the factory Bridgestone Turanza tires. The tires are great for no road noise and fuel mileage, but they are a "summer performance" tire. these tires are worthless in the snow and slush of the Cleveland 'burs.  That is why i bought a set of steel rims and Blizzak dedicated snow tires for winter. 

I checked these tires on Bridgestones webpage, and on a scale of 1 to 10, they got high marks for low noise and fuel mileage, but got dashed, as in not even a 0 or a 1 for winter / slush.

The dealer would not work with me to get replacement tires of a different model of tire, Subaru North America said they have no idea where the cars end up once they are built. 

I agreed to a point, but then why sell a car equipped with the cold weather package ( heated seats and out side defrosting mirrors ) that will most like be used in the snow belt with summer performance tires. 

I don't know what tire is "standard" for a 2015 Subaru.

WIth snow tires or even all season tires, the car will be great in the snow with the all wheel drive.