2012 Suzuki VStrom 650 Adventure ABS

Hoblick

yup this one is for sale now lol.

2012 VStrom 650 Adventure ABS

which means it has factory suzuki aluminum panniers, touring windscreen, and crash bars.  

it has 4xxx miles on it,  i don't remember exact off hand.

nearly new Michelin Anakkee 3 tires, fresh oil change, and it was recently detailed.

will come with a Bestem top case (not pictured), Suzuki Service manual, extra set of keys and tumblers, and a non touring windscreen.  It has a loud ass horn on it i think its a wolo or whatever the brand is.

bike is in very good condition aside from the damage to the one side case.  i bought the bike with it like that.  previous owner got a little to close to a concrete pole at a gas station.  bike never went all the way down, just the bag into the pole.  bag is still water tight and functions normally.

$6300

1C7AD531-8D87-400E-8682-1CFE67C8A1B1_zps

D7B972B8-3B11-4847-986A-FC2BF3516617_zps

0BA3C43C-580E-457F-9AC2-4C9C613F9C4E_zps

BC84B3E9-80C2-4BA2-80B2-032BCFDC159C_zps

17D568C3-B8F2-4D09-B790-63B109612C62_zps

BD239917-54BF-4500-853E-7CC8F52B6D1A_zps

625439A5-DD43-48CF-9D26-D8F67F576588_zps

720F9018-DB76-464F-8671-9D46EF0CCFD0_zps

47C6F250-17C6-4F9F-AF10-66EA2CA02186_zps

I want this on record, so someone better quote me. Twenty bucks says he's already picked out the new Harley that's going to replace this bike.

Now now Pauley, there's no shame in downgrading capabilities if the Strom's power was just too much for him.

I know you went with something different, but I'd like to add to prospective buyers that the V-strom 650 is hands-down the most balanced and thoroughly competent motorcycle I've owned. It's hard to convey that to others because it doesn't excel at anything on paper. It's not as good as a dirt bike in the dirt, it's not as fast as a Busa, it's not as comfortable for slabbing it as a tourer, it doesn't have a classical look, it doesn't win any displacement awards, etc. But wow, it sits in the middle of just about every category and purpose around it. Great at low speeds in the city and just as smooth at 110 mph. Does dirt and gravel and potholes as well as any road bike, has a great riding position and ergos, especially with a few mods. Does 2-up like a champ and can carry enough luggage for a week or more of camping. Reliable and relatively easy to work on. Its ABS system is quite good. Excellent instrument panel. I could go on.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, we never got a ride in...GLWS!

I don't care for the looks, but I've serviced a few of them. They're quite brilliant to maintain. Simple and painless, really. There isn't anything that I've found that made me "WTF?!?!" when I tore into them.

I'd be hard-pressed to find a bike better for "one-bike-fits-all" street applications...other than the more expensive to buy, own, maintain, ride.. Multistrada1100S (black, of course) :)

^^^THIS^^^

I don't care for the looks, but I've serviced a few of them. They're quite brilliant to maintain. Simple and painless, really. There isn't anything that I've found that made me "WTF?!?!" when I tore into them.

I'd be hard-pressed to find a bike better for "one-bike-fits-all" street applications...other than the more expensive to buy, own, maintain, ride.. Multistrada1100S (black, of course) :)

I forgot to give props for this post.  I respect IP's wrench-foo, and was glad to hear his mechanic's impression.

Hoblick, $6k is a killer deal.  My GF and I returned from a 350-mile trek through some of Ohio's best roads this weekend and the DL650 was an absolute champ, keeping up with one-ups without a hiccup.  What a smooth machine.