Apple's announcement today (9-9-2014)

Josh1234

Just used my Boss's 6 and love it.  Like the screen size and how thin it is.  I just went from a 4 to 5S so I wont be upgrading anytime soon, but definitely nice.  FWIW as I have said I am totally cell phone tard mode and use it for the minimal stuff, text, FB, calls, and some GPSing here and there. 

Okay, I have no idea what benchmark testing really is compared to real world stuff so if someone wants to give me a breakdown, I can see the 6 is rated higher in most categories etc but do these tests really show anything that translates to real world?  I am being cereal fwiw, I have no idea.

Edited by madcat6183

Okay, I have no idea what benchmark testing really is compared to real world stuff so if someone wants to give me a breakdown, I can see the 6 is rated higher in most categories etc but do these tests really show anything that translates to real world?  I am being cereal fwiw, I have no idea.

For the way most people use their phones, nope. I generally don't even care about benchmarks on phones but it was brought up so I posted it. It comes down to - does the phone meet your needs? The software/app aspect should be considered as well. There is no "best", only what's best for each individual.

Yeah kinda figured that.  I mean I upgraded to the IOS8 last week and the phone runs incredible now, like so fast I don't know what to do.  It was already way faster than I was used to but now wow.  Plus some of the features Im learning to use are nice like the new camera features.

Anyawys, I kinda figured all of this was the case, but yeah, it does what I need it to do.

Yeah kinda figured that.  I mean I upgraded to the IOS8 last week and the phone runs incredible now, like so fast I don't know what to do.  It was already way faster than I was used to but now wow.  Plus some of the features Im learning to use are nice like the new camera features.

Anyawys, I kinda figured all of this was the case, but yeah, it does what I need it to do.

I've been holding off just to give app developers time to update their apps, but I'm relieved to hear that it'll still run quickly on iOS 8.  I, like you, went from a 4 to a 5s.

I've been holding off just to give app developers time to update their apps, but I'm relieved to hear that it'll still run quickly on iOS 8.  I, like you, went from a 4 to a 5s.

Yeah dude, honestly I love it.  The difference is insane and the new IoS is great, I was going to wait but then I talked to my uncle who is a huge Apple junkie and he said it was fine so I said coolio.  He can run his entire house from his Iphone, when my parents house sit when he goes to UK with his wife he will randomly turn on and off the tv, radio, lights, etc just to F with them.  It's awesome.

Yep, again, they are copying Samsung and others...

http://www.cultofmac.com/297404/get-bent-shocking-history-bent-smartphones/

But of course, haters will jump all over it and make a bigger deal of it than it is because since there were so many of the phones sold, it will give the appearance of a large problem. You don't hear about the Samsung's etc because there are only 10 people that have them,

Mine's not bent and I've had it in my pocket off and on for several days. Of course, I'm not stupid enough to sit down with it in my back pocket or even the front if I have snug pants on.

It's a large, thin piece of aluminum. With enough force it's going to bend. Duh. Those that complain are the same that would bitch because a more sturdy design would be too heavy. This isn't a design problem, it's an ignorant people problem.

Hahahahahahaha that's pretty funny. I mean, it's not funny if your phone got bent but it's just funny because I bet the dudes with faggy pants craze will finally ease up thanks to bent phones. Apparently the suffocated and crushed balls weren't reason enough.

Hahahahahahaha that's pretty funny. I mean, it's not funny if your phone got bent but it's just funny because I bet the dudes with faggy pants craze will finally ease up thanks to bent phones. Apparently the suffocated and crushed balls weren't reason enough.

Oh God, skinny pants cannot die soon enough.

• Upvote 1

Yep, again, they are copying Samsung and others...

http://www.cultofmac.com/297404/get-bent-shocking-history-bent-smartphones/

But of course, haters will jump all over it and make a bigger deal of it than it is because since there were so many of the phones sold, it will give the appearance of a large problem. You don't hear about the Samsung's etc because there are only 10 people that have them,

Mine's not bent and I've had it in my pocket off and on for several days. Of course, I'm not stupid enough to sit down with it in my back pocket or even the front if I have snug pants on.

It's a large, thin piece of aluminum. With enough force it's going to bend. Duh. Those that complain are the same that would bitch because a more sturdy design would be too heavy. This isn't a design problem, it's an ignorant people problem.

A smart company learns from previous mistakes...

Iphones cited in this article: 3

Samsung phones: 1

Edited by CrazySkullCrusher

I keep my phone in my front pocket most of the time. No issues. I also stow it in my seat pocket and sit in a chair while I work. No issues. If you bend a phone, it's because you're stupid...or you're a fat fuck.

Nothing worse than a former fat guy...

I keep my phone in my front pocket most of the time. No issues. I also stow it in my seat pocket and sit in a chair while I work. No issues. If you bend a phone, it's because you're stupid...or you're a fat fuck.

This.  I may be totally behind in the tech avenue, but I abuse the F out of my Iphones and only had 1 scratch on the old one, no cracks, chips, nothing.  And it was 100% flat.  Laying in rocks on it in the pits, dropping it from the pit cart, truck bed, camper roof, all kinds of things.  No issues.