Apple's announcement today (9-9-2014)

Josh1234

I'm not quite sure what exactly the iP6 bashers are expecting that would make it something other than "it's the same as x phone". Yellow zoom zooms and purple go fasters? What are you hoping to see in a phone?

Faster processors, higher screen resolution, more storage, more features, SOMETHING innovative that hadn't been done 2 years ago.

Deep down, it's kind of like harley, I want harley to build the best bikes, and I want apple to build the best products. It saddens me to see both smoked over and over by foreign companies.

Edited by magley64

Faster processors, higher screen resolution, more storage, more features, SOMETHING innovative that hadn't been done 2 years ago.

Deep down, it's kind of like harley, I want harley to build the best bikes, and I want apple to build the best products. It saddens me to see both smoked over and over by foreign companies.

You mean like how the Note 3's processor is faster than the iPhone 5s'? Oh wait....

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/10/01/samsung-again-caught-doping-benchmarks-for-galaxy-note-3

http://geekaphone.com/compare/Apple-iPhone-5s-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3

Faster processor means < battery life. How fast do you need? My iP5 never stutters or indicated that it could benefit from more horsepower. How about the 64 bit processor? They were the first for that and all the haters could say is "so what?"

I already addressed the screen resolution. It already exceeds a persons perception levels for pixel density.

What other (useful) features do you want? 3D holograms? There comes a point to where the technology just isn't there yet to be adding stuff, especially without impacting other things like size, weight, battery life etc.

What groundbreaking features have the other makers introduced that made them a must have? The only thing I thought Apple should've put out last time was NFC but frankly there are still limited applications and support for it but now that Apple has set up the payment thing, use will skyrocket. Android users would always tout that they have NFC and I'd ask, well what do you do with it? They'd say well sometimes I share photos or contacts with people (then there'd be me "wow", making a jerk-off motion).

Look, I'm not saying Apple products are the best but I get tired of people putting them down for reasons they can't articulate. The arguments are feeble at best.

Edited by ScubaCinci

It is faster, more cores and .6 ghz faster, better gpu, not to mention the screen on the note makes the ip5s look microscopic.

More cores and higher GHz does not mean faster. Benchmarks proved that one, but you are the kind of guy who will still argue about it. And of course the screen is larger on a Note 3. It's a phablet. Duh. 

What groundbreaking features have the other makers introduced that made them a must have? The only thing I thought Apple should've put out last time was NFC but frankly there are still limited applications and support for it but now that Apple has set up the payment thing, use will skyrocket

Look, I'm not saying Apple products are the best but I get tired of people putting them down for reasons they can't articulate. The arguments are feeble at best.

I'm excited about the edge display coming to the note line. Like I've already said, I use the ir blaster regularly. multiple windows, expandable storage (why I ditched Motorola this go round) something, anything innovative. Give me something to envy, something that makes the iPhone better than other phones.

99% sure iCloud wasn't hacked. The general consensus last I read was that email accounts got hacked, which then lead to this. Makes the release of 5 million Gmail usernames and passwords that more interesting: http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/105954-5-million-gmail-passwords-leaked. 

Like Apple would tell anyone that iCloud was hacked.  It would get swept under the rug faster than a ISIS leader sleeping over at the White House.

More cores and higher GHz does not mean faster. Benchmarks proved that one, but you are the kind of guy who will still argue about it. And of course the screen is larger on a Note 3. It's a phablet. Duh.

The only benchmark that ran on both devices in your second link the note 3 won.

<Sarcasm>

Come'on Ben.  You're not so gullible and full of Job's jizz that you honestly think they wouldn't try to hide the shit out of that?!?

</Sarcasm>

:D

If Comcast and Time Warner can't hide what they're trying to do with Net Neutrality..........

so did they release whatever faggy new thing that will be the beginning of the death spiral of apple yet?

They're too entrenched for a death spiral but Id guess they'll be leveling out with the amount of competition they have.

Ok ok...

Let's measure dicks.

Post an app that benchmarks both iPhone and android and let's bench race.

I'll put my1 yr old note 3 up against any currently pocketable iphone.

Post the app, I'll benchmark it and post the screenshot.

At least my phone never randomly capitalized every word. :lol:

• Upvote 2