After Motorcylist's Death, Bike Vanishes

Strictly Street

http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/10339/after_motorcylist_s_death_bike_vanishes_from_the_scene_before_police_arrive#.VA9W7K0pC70

A very strange thing happened after a fatal motorcycle accident in Detroit on Monday: The dead man's motorcycle and belongings including his computer tablet were snatched off the street before EMS and police arrived.

Fox 2's Taryn Asher reports that witnesses said that a man who claimed to be the motorcyclist's cousin drove off with the motorcycle, that was still running, and that a woman who claimed to be the girlfriend got out of a car and took his belongings including a tablet and phone. Asher said it's not clear if the people are who they said they are. 

Fox 2's Taryn Asher reports that it all began when the a Pontiac Grand Am car was trying to turn into a gas station at the intersection of 7 Mile Road and Greenview on Detroit's west side.

As the car was pulling into the station,  the speeding motorcycle driven by a 22-year-old man crashed into the car. Police say the motorcycle was going too fast, which appears to have resulted in the accident.

WTF?

This. I have to go there monthly for work. Its a lovely place

I likely whitnessed a murder there while in college. Was heading to a play with my family and saw a guy run up behind another with a baseball bat. Full swing to the back of the head. Guy didn't move again.

Yea the speed limit there is 35 if I remember that shithole area correctly. From the video they have, I doubt he was doing 70 tho, that is merely a guesstimate from whomever decided to be an authority. Looked like 55 or close to me, considering how far the bike slid after impact. Apparently, and this is coming from my ex wife, the kid worked for Chrysler, at the 9 mi and Mound truck plant, that's how she found out. They start work at 330-4. Apparently he was a good kid. The people that took his stuff, no one knows who the hell that was. F#! $ ing Detroit. Do yourself a big favor. Go around.