bicyclists question plzz

zx3vfr

So I got a late 90s Schwinn Mountain bike up and running, put some 26 x 2 street tires and new tubes on. Rides really nice minus the rock hard seat. I do need 4 new pads as they are all cracked but still stop fine.

I rode 15 miles today and sore as hell as I haven't rode in long time.

I almost died twice because I grabbed the right brake lever thinking motorcycle and of course skidded.

So I swapped cable sides, my question is has anyone else switched levers to match motos?

A lot of people switch them.  I have been riding motorcycles and bicycles for years and I have never gotten the brakes confused.  It's probably just because I'm so awesome though.  :D

I've ridden just over 1000miles on the bicycle, and just over 5000 miles on the motorcycle this year... never seemed to have an issue between the 2... although I have thought about the fact that bicycles are backwards when it comes to brakes. ...

I swapped the brake levers on my hybrid I got earlier this year...right after my first "almost" endo. Hydraulic disc brakes work really well on a bicycle.

This one has v brakes which is fine. When I rode it in my early teens I had a speedo on it and got it up to 45mph with knobbie tires down hill. I hit the brakes and got launched forward and my balls landed on the frame while still traveling downhill.

It has been sitting for at least 8 years now. But lots of wd40 and tightening 3 of the 4 cables has made it road worthy especially with the 26 x 2 road tires.

It will need new pads and rear brake cable and chain gear cable soon but for the next month it will be fine.