do you have a beard? get in here!

Gixxus Christ!

I am on like 2 weeks now for mine, oh the gray hairs are killing me!!! Hoblick turned me onto that "Grave before shave" beard bomb balm, some good shit that really works and has a pleasant manly scent. Wifey likes how my beard looks, but hates how it feels.......now I am even more cut off than I was before. ;)

After mine grew for a few weeks, I found the balm to be less optimal than the oil. The balm made my beard feel like straw. The oil made it softer and less irritating.

Good to know, will likely purchase some oil as the length comes in.

Good to know, will likely purchase some oil as the length comes in.

I tend to use oil, and chase with with a bit of balm. I've tried a few different balms and the only one that didn't make my beard feel like straw, is this stuff. I use it very sparingly. 

http://www.burlymanbeard.com/burly-beards/

The oil helps keep things soft, and the balm just helps keep it tame. If I just use oil, it looks like I'm transforming into chewbacca 

• Upvote 2

I bought the burly beards balm. It's pretty good and not has "thick" as cliffs balm.

Also made my beard oil the other day. Turned out ok. The girl like the smell so let's face it...that's all that matters. Should've made it smaller to try more variations though.

I bought the burly beards balm. It's pretty good and not has "thick" as cliffs balm.

Also made my beard oil the other day. Turned out ok. The girl like the smell so let's face it...that's all that matters. Should've made it smaller to try more variations though.

Cliffs turned my beard into straw- it was gross feeling. How's your oil working out

• 3 weeks later...

My gf buys fancy shampoo and conditioner ($34/bottle of each)... I've been using that stuff, it's pretty legit. Sulfate free and has some kind of oil in it to help with shine... I'd never pay for the stuff, but she does, so fuck it... My beard is soft, no beardruff, and minimal work (wash it every 2-3 days)

Edited by Steve Butters

• 1 month later...

I don't do the full beard anymore, the gray hairs just don't play nicely so I stick to the chin fur approach.  I have a boar brush (the real stuff) and use Beard Oil along with Honest Amish Beard Balm.  They work okay but gray hairs are wiry and rough making them a royal PITA to smooth out along with their propensity to become very wavy.  I had an accident with the trimmers recently and have had to start over but this was what I was working with prior to that incident.    

gallery_14290_1409_2761.jpg

Edited by baptizo

i broke down and cut mine off a couple days ago....the helmet beard was killing me...my chin hairs were blowing out straight-ish, but curls to towards the sides with a split in the middle, and then the sides were stuck flat to my face...i couldnt even brush it out at work anymore, just had to wait and look weird...ill miss the beard, but it was becoming too much hassle for me

11182268_2664747624432_73346155173095949

Whattt?! A beard thread. You guys rock.

This stuff also rocks, I've tried 5 or 6 different beard balms. This stuff is my favorite, it works the best, smells the best, my lady loves it and its Ohio made.

http://www.statelybeardco.com

I got some from them on etsy just last month. It took 4 weeks to receive it, but I've never had problems with him before that.

d4493caa568acb0ff007d158cff048b7.jpg

My "Shouldn't have drank ever clear last night" face.

I let the lady who cuts my hair trim my beard once. Want to talk about a trustfall?

1979 CB750 Limited Edition

:eek:

I was thinking the same thing. 

On a side note, at what age did any of you finally decide you just can't grow a beard? I've got the patchiest, pathetic excuse for a beard going on. I got the sideburns and goatee down, have since freshman year of high school. The rest, nada. Just a patch of blonde peach fuzz. I'm trying though. The wife hates it, but I'm 33 and dammit I want to grow a beard. 

I'm 21 (picture above) I grew a beard to by beer when I was 19-20 but never the length I have now. It took me a year and a half to get where I am now and there was an extremely long and hideous middle length I had to endure. I have a chin patch that is balder that I like. Unfortunately you're at the mercy of genetics. Grow what you can, nothing looks worse than a beard you can't grow, but still try. I don't know how patchy you are, but sometimes time and growth will cover it all up!