How do you get to the track?

GixxerTravis

As far as getting there its all a preference. Do not ride there.. even being 10 mins away. 2 fold, 1 being tired after or before.. 2 if you wreck, your f'ed. Plus can't get what ya need there easy.

So a single bed truck. Or a trailer I use pit bull trs system. Though tiedowns work fine. If you don't have a vehicle with a hitch ask a friend or some one on here going to bum a ride many will be glad to help.

What to take.. This is at minimum.

You well rested and hydrated days before

Bike full tank and already taped to the orgs specs. This can be found online or ask

Key key key.. seriously your key.. so many forget this

A spare gas tank with say 5 gal.

Your leathers if you have them some orgs rent

Over ankle boots and gauntlet gloves

Comfortable under clothing for the leathers.. eg. Under armor

Food wise.. water water water gatorade is fine but we prefer anything not red.. As if you wreck and throw up it looks like blood and that's a bad bus ride

Keep away from energy drinks.. that's a bad sugar crash later

Snacks. Protein or granola bars

Lunch pack if the Org doesn't provide

Bring a chair to sit in. Cooler for the water and food. Don't have to have an ezup for shade but it's nice.

As for the day.. Sign up in novice. 90% of orgs run a novice class.

Gates open most places at 7. Get there get set up then wait till 815 ish for the riders meeting.. pay attention listen well to the instructions they go over passing , pit in and out and flags. Then you'll go straight to the first novice class session. They go over the rest as well as flags and so on again!! If you have questions ask.. There are no stupid questions. The day us ran in 3 groups 20 mins a session. Once out of class get your gear on and get ready to head to the track. Once called for novice get to the hot pit (they will tell you were) and get ready for track time!! After your 20 min session. They will.do more class time this goes on all day cept 1 hr for lunch til 5 pm.

As far as your bike taped up with painters tape on the glass and signals. Street tires will be fine. As the tire tech what pressure to start at with your particular tires but a good rule of thumb is 30/30 to start.. During the day you will have a lot of help from instructors. And during which ask anything your can or think you want to know.

Mid ohio is top notch instruction. I highly recommend them. Stt and others run very similar days.. I control ride for indy ducati at putnam and it is overall an easier track to learn in the beginning but it's all preference

I state again.. hydration... Rest... and there are no stupid questions

• Upvote 1

Novice most allow coolant.. though I recommend anything that isn't glycol based. . Just remember to not leave it in over winter as it could freeze... taped up means the head lamp tail lamp. All signals. And mirrors unless removed. . Also means duct tape the wheel weights and preferred remove the rear plate.

I was supposed to do a track day this year...and last year...and the one before that...seems like life keeps getting in the way, and I have no way of towing my bike down...maybe next year.

I know of a pewter gray truck right down the road that will get you there.

Well maybe you should get the kat purring again and we can take our oil boilers down and track them together.

I'm working on the gathering of parts dammit. It should fire by springtime. I don't want to rush it and try to take it out in snow..... that might be bad.

90% of us are glad to help... yeah we have a few douche nozzles and some are excessively asshole-ish, some are even blatantly homosexual in context. (madcat)  but  we mean well. just ask away.. BUT  I warn you  PLEAAAAAAASE use the search function first. :) you have been warned hah