2015 weight loss/fitness/New Years resolution we lie to ourselves about

zx3vfr

Middle of December I was 180, hitting a low of 177 the first week of December. I actually maintained 180 through thanksgiving and for a total of 2 whole months. I blew it at Christmas and was 190 on New Years day. After lots of walking and crab cutting and gallons of water in the past 3 days I've slipped back to 184 and by Monday the water weight should be off and I'll be back down to 180. Ultimate goal weight is still going to be 170-175 maintained. Not sure what I'm going to do for lifting but I do know my joints are not going to put up with free weights and I don't have time for a gym membership, so I think I'm going to go back to the good old door gym bands in pulley system I used a few years back.

Keep I I hd I was 250 and fat as could be at the beginning of summer in 2014 and even if I don't keep up I refuse to go above 200 again. Simply for the fact how much fucking faster I was on a 650 twin being 70# lighter.

For 2014's resolution, I was successful in not going to any of the 4 top fast food chains (McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, and Taco Bell (two years for TB)). 

I still gained weight last year. A lot of stress for various reasons kicked in my need for beer and chocolate. My focus for this year, which is going to be much harder than last, is to cut out most of my beer and sugar intake. 

I've taken measurements, photos and logging daily food/activity on MyFitnessPal to keep me accountable and record changes. I need to lose this weight. At least 10 pounds by spring. 

Thanks for the advice, but I rarely eat pasta or bread. Pretty sure it's the beer. I probably drink on average 2 a day. I developed a love of craft beer a couple years ago, and since then (combined with quitting smoking), I've slowly, but steadily, have gained weight. Time to take more drastic measures. 

Edited by KZ Kari

I have misplaced my Insanity disks, so I'm considering trying T25.

We have the Turbo Fire disks that a friend gave us after she lost 80 lbs with it, she swears it will kick our ass if we used it. I might get motivated to try.

I forgot to post this, but if anyone wants to sign up for any tri or duathlons from HFP, there's a sale through 1/15/14 for 25%, and you'll get the early registration discount, so its a good time to sign up

HFPSUPERSALE2015

I think I'm down from 225 to 205. Beside the kidney stone fiasco which helped drop pounds, I've "tried" to limit fast foods and lunches I go with chicken salads "most" of the time. When I grocery shop I buy no junk food, chips, snack food, no bread, and no more peanut butter, and no pop, this all creates a situation at home so I can't eat it, cause if I see it, I'll eat it. I get enough of the junk food from other peoples houses. Then since I was taught back exercises with the pinched nerve in the neck thing using rubber bands I've continued to use them and pushups, when the chronic left shoulder and left elbow isn't bugging me.   

:werd:

After my century ride last year I jumped on the scale. I was loving the digits.. until two days later when I realized I was just completely dehydrated. :(

That happened to me in September. I was 185 at the bgining of the day and after a 60 mile round trip bike from Akron to Tremont I had lost 8 lbs. I thought I had stayed hydrated enough but 2 days later I was back where I was. Edited by zx3vfr

Yeah, if you do low carb for awhile (which keeps the water weight off) and have a cheat day, you'll gain 5-8 lbs overnight haha. It comes right back off though once you are back on the wagon. Back in 2005 I lost 80lbs on low carb. Unfortunately, soon after I went back to school and over the course of 2 years, gained it back and then some. I will be down 100lbs this time next year which should be my ideal weight. Ready, go!