Midohio

rusty

Wow... sounds like there is going to be alot of OR guys there....

I wasent planning on going but im not so sure if everyone is going. Was trying to save $ for WERA PIRC round but I dont think I am going to race anymore this year.

http://youtu.be/VTGckdJd_p4?t=1m

Has GPS overlay from the Sony HDR-AS100V camera.  Looks like the refresh rate isn't optimal for this sort of thing.

The first minute is just sitting in the hot pit...skip it.

Is that a new feature with the Sony cam?  Or did you use a program to add the overlay after the fact?  I've got an action cam and I don't recall seeing that option.  

Is that a new feature with the Sony cam?  Or did you use a program to add the overlay after the fact?  I've got an action cam and I don't recall seeing that option.  

The AS100V has GPS as does the AS30V - most of the other Sony action cams don't (AS15, AS20).

Assuming you have a GPS-capable model, and the GPS is enabled in the camera setup, it'll take the coordinates while it's recording and then you use the free Sony software (Action Cam Movie Creator + PlayMemories Home -- though you only need Action Cam Movie Creator) to put in the overlays.

You can only select 3 or 4 different overlays, so not a lot of options, but it's a neat feature I suppose.  This was my first time using it.

That overlay is pretty neat, always love finding videos that show track map/location when trying to approach a new track.

So the Sony software did the whole overlay?  Ever try dashware or anything similar?

Hopefully I'll be trying to figure this crap out after the next track day.

• Upvote 1

Ryan, I think you're better off with what you're looking for in your GPS laptimer thread.  You can tell the Sony setup is a poor man's GPS - probably better suited to trail riding on a mountain bike or kayaking, but if you just want the overlay for some sanity-check, then the AS100V is your camera.

The "Action Cam Movie Creator" is free with the Sony camera and does the overlays for you - you choose one of four layouts and there is no customizing, you get what you get. (You're really just changing the icon on how the speed is displayed)  I've attached a couple screencaps from the program.

post-17611-0-50584600-1433807495_thumb.p

post-17611-0-66256000-1433807622_thumb.p

I have not used any other software (e.g. Dashcam) other than Lightworks 12.x to do any video editing.

Edited by Trackbikez