New Chick

MotoBella

Pay no attentire to pauly (Isaac's Papa), he's a bike snob. If it ain't italian, he thinks it's junk. Hell of a mechanic tinho.

I would LOVE an Italian bike!! My first bike was an R1 with the ex.... I love my little Gixxer, fits me like a glove! I'm a single mom so I am just so grateful I have a bike and can ride! Hopefully one day!!

Wel.....it has 7000+ miles on it, 2000+ are mine. We survived a track day....so fingers crossed. However, at track day I took the advice of an "experienced" rider who thought my bike wasn't tied down properly, the forks were to compressed, so I allowed him to redo MY tie down. A few miles from the track the bike fell over in the trailer! I was pissed to say the least. It needs a brake lever, shield and mirror....So I think I'll follow my own gut and make my own mistakes.

If you get the parts I can put them on for a fee.

I would LOVE an Italian bike!! My first bike was an R1 with the ex.... I love my little Gixxer, fits me like a glove! I'm a single mom so I am just so grateful I have a bike and can ride! Hopefully one day!!

I did some work on a friend's aprillia rsv1000 and rode it around a bit. Fun bike, reminded me a lot of my old tl1000....but very uncomfortable.

If you get the parts I can put them on for a fee.

Thank you, I guess that would depend on your location....I know MCJ Motorsports is close to me and I met him at track day. Have been looking up parts on ebay...I'm leary of some of it. Any suggestions?? I know I can do the shield and lever, it's the mirror with the wiring I don't know about. But I want to learn so I can take care of my bike myself.

• Upvote 1

I know I can do the shield and lever, it's the mirror with the wiring I don't know about. But I want to learn so I can take care of my bike myself.

Good answer.  That whole Pirsig Zen maintenance thing...

Edited by smccrory

Wel.....it has 7000+ miles on it, 2000+ are mine. We survived a track day....so fingers crossed. However, at track day I took the advice of an "experienced" rider who thought my bike wasn't tied down properly, the forks were to compressed, so I allowed him to redo MY tie down. A few miles from the track the bike fell over in the trailer! I was pissed to say the least. It needs a brake lever, shield and mirror....So I think I'll follow my own gut and make my own mistakes.

I was trying to make a joke and compliment your bike at the same time, but that is a true story.

It's nice to know that one more street bike is being allowed to run free in its natural habitat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...