Epic Ride Logo suggestions

NinjaDoc

Just wanted to share some logos for your consideration. Will keep updating with more and more designs. Always preferred a black and white design (just added a tinge of red in this one) which will look clean on both light and dark colored shirts as we choose. Also can make this in color if majority prefers in that way. But Color prints will be costly i guess.

These are just some of my suggestion, final decision up to derek and you guys. 

epic-ride-t-shirt-logo-small_zpsb1c9d5c6

small-full-epic-ride-skull_zps38de19a0.p

flag-logo-small_zpsf755b617.png

speedometer-small_zpse6f5c4bf.png

Edited by NinjaDoc

Really Put some effort to come up and complete this one, i am not much into skulls but i know its one of the most iconic part of motorcycles :D

hope you guys like it

[skull graphic]

That's some nice artwork.

Wow. Really nice! Only suggestion is maybe make the May 2015 bigger.

Thank you :D, in the image it looks smaller but imagine it relatively on an XXL T shirt. It will be pretty big.

I like the cafe style...can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Ty snot, Yea i always tried to stick with older bikes so that the logo is not biased towards new sportsbike or cruisers etc. Every one likes and respects old bikes i guess :D

I am in possession of a pic of Casper on my front lawn in his underwear. May not look so good on a hoodie. But still damn entertaining.

Share :D

That's some nice artwork.

Ty :)

Thumbs up!

Ty, i hope most people recognize the ohio map in that one and not just a skull :D

I think for legal reasons, the "Ohio Riders" name or logo should

not be a part of our rides, just in case there is an incident where

an injured rider may feel damages are due to them and a lawsut

comes up.  The more legal distance between the website and 

rides we participate in, the better.  That protects the website and

Casper, as well.

• Upvote 1

I think for legal reasons, the "Ohio Riders" name or logo should

not be a part of our rides, just in case there is an incident where

an injured rider may feel damages are due to them and a lawsut

comes up.  The more legal distance between the website and 

rides we participate in, the better.  That protects the website and

Casper, as well.

100% agreement / due to reasons already mentioned earlier and many others over the years keep this ride as an independent thing approachable to many other forums and lucid organization so no one can point fingers at any one.

With that here is another one with traditional rider and ohio flag

Edited by NinjaDoc

The word, "EPIC" indicates to me a special one time occurance related to a certain event.

Is every ride going to be epic?  Using the word "epic" every time seems to take away

anything special about our rides in general.  These rides might then be viewed as,

"Just another ride by those guys on that website."

How about wording similar to:

EPIC SERIES

Ohio Spring Ride

May 2015

or

EPIC SERIES

Ohio Fall Ride

September 2015

or

THE EPIC OHIO SERIES

Spring Motorcycle Ride

May 2015

...or something along those lines?

Edited by JackFlash

The word, "EPIC" indicates to me a special one time occurrence related to a certain event.

Is every ride going to be epic?  Using the word "epic" every time seems to take away

anything special about our rides in general.  These rides might then be viewed as,

"Just another ride by those guys on that website."

this was started as a one time special ride / year . And just look it up as a "simple name" and like o-no-moto said i also like the idea of follow the tradition rather than us trying to dissect each component every time. But as always its a group decision. And i can change the logo name to spring 2015 instead of may 2015.

Edited by NinjaDoc

I'm a graphic designer for a living, so I'm always looking for things to spark creativity and inspiration. I thought I'd play around with this for a bit last year for one of the rides and never got around to posting it. I just updated those to this ride. Not trying to stop on your toes NinjaDoc....hope you don't take it that way.

post-14245-0-46585100-1424030396_thumb.j

Edited by Blitz
  • Upvote 1

And feel free to say you like NinjaDoc's better. I get my work criticized all the time, so I'm used to it. I was just playing around with a new style that you see used a lot currently. And I always like cafe racer silhouettes, hahaha.

Edited by Blitz

I'm a graphic designer for a living, so I'm always looking for things to spark creativity and inspiration. I thought I'd play around with this for a bit last year for one of the rides and never got around to posting it. I just updated those to this ride. Not trying to stop on your toes NinjaDoc....hope you don't take it that way.

Very nice blitz, i like it simple and clean. I also just keep making it for fun. So your not stepping on my toes at all. The more to dance the merrier it is. Decision to choose is upto the rest of them. Would you mind if i combine ur second one with another picture? if so can u share the psd for that ?

Edited by NinjaDoc

I'm liking the logo's so far... As far as the logo, I would definitely like a permanent logo with the ability to modify it slightly to include either the number of the ride (i.e. 5th Annual, etc) or the Date of the ride.   This way things stay consistent, but have a slight difference included as well.   So far I like the first one and I do like the skull one, even though I'm not really into skulls. 

As said before, we don't use the OhioRiders logo on the stuff for liability reasons.   This isn't an OhioRiders sponsored event, but rather just using the forum as a medium of helping get everyone together and gathering opinions for routes, meet spots, dates, etc...

I might have to get into this competition as far as the logo and put some time into coming up with some creativity.  Obviously the 4 leaf clover wasn't a hit hah. 

100% agreement / due to reasons already mentioned earlier and many others over the years keep this ride as an independent thing approachable to many other forums and lucid organization so no one can point fingers at any one.

With that here is another one with traditional rider and ohio flag

This has my epic vote..lol