Western Ohio meetup for Spring Epic Ride 5/16/15

Helmutt

I'll b there for sure!!! Wife's surgery got postponed. Looking forward to it!!!

Sweet. And I saw your post on the main ride thread about bumping the pace to a medium-fast ( like we tend to do :D ), but with this being a new route AND some new-to-me riders joining our group, I'll probably maintain a moderately medium pace just for everyone's safety sake. We'll see once we're in the thick of it, can always wick up the pace through open sweeping sections when there's better visability of what's ahead.

• Upvote 1

SO bad news I may be out. I have a small amount of work to do that day. the weather doesnt look like its going to cooperate though. Worst case if it doesnt rain Ill meet up in zanesville..I should be able to catch up with all the stopping Helmutts group does on the way down..

Fingers crossed.

SO bad news I may be out. I have a small amount of work to do that day. the weather doesnt look like its going to cooperate though. Worst case if it doesnt rain Ill meet up in zanesville..I should be able to catch up with all the stopping Helmutts group does on the way down..

Fingers crossed.

Hopefully you can pull of a miracle bro and make it there in time, that is if the weather plays along for us all. We'll know more by Thursday since weather patterns could change for the better by then

Don't know if I'll make it now, not sure if I'll have my bike back together by then. Still waiting to get body parts and tank back from my guy. Should be any day now though. Moving to Colorado on the 26th, so that doesn't make it much easier either. Although I'm looking forward to having way cooler roads than all of you ohioans [emoji12]

Work wins again, can't make the ride. Have to go for the dough. Sorry big guy I was hoping to see you that Snot chick.lol Give me a shout Jason maybe you and the little lady could come down and chill at our country place.

Work wins again, can't make the ride. Have to go for the dough. Sorry big guy I was hoping to see you that Snot chick.lol Give me a shout Jason maybe you and the little lady could come down and chill at our country place.

Whatcha doing in late July? ;)

We may get rained out anyway if the Zanesville area weather doesn't change for the better.

We can definitely get together again soon. Last time at City BBQ was too brief. I'll hit you up sometime Paul

We may get rained out anyway if the Zanesville area weather doesn't change for the better.

We can definitely get together again soon.

Last time at City BBQ was too brief. I'll hit you up sometime Paul

Yep it was, Cathy and I got a sweet little place out in the township. Y'all need to come.out & we'll grill some dead animals and drink beer.

Yep it was, Cathy and I got a sweet little place out in the township. Y'all need to come.out & we'll grill some dead animals and drink beer.

Winning. You got it man

Weather is looking better compared to yesterday's report, but it's still on the cusp of being potentially shitty. I'm not willing to risk a local ride in crap conditions with the upcoming Gap trip just weeks away. Pending tomorrows forecast for Zanesville area decides whether we ride or not.

To be continued...

Lol...understand bro...I'll def be going if it's a go....we got a chance of a late afternoon shower....no biggy....went to gap last summer...damn good time....If u decide not to go..I'll still meet up w whoever is down at comp around 730 and head that way.

Still trying to figure out the weather mans babble speak.

Looks like the % chance might move a bit north of our interest.

But really, what does a 40% chance of rain mean to a state wide broadcaster?

40% of our viewing area?

40% of the square footage of the state?

40% of the time I'm right about the rain?

or

60% of the time I'm wrong about the rain?

60% of the hype is because the weather segment lasts for 8 of the 22 minutes available for the broadcast of the TV "NEWS"?

I'm still hopeful that we will have a good day, But the TV news is just a tease at this point.

AArrrgh!

I'll have to wait till it's time to leave to see the RADAR for myself.

On the bright side my t-shirt has arrived! :)

Of course this still means a early morning go or no Saturday.

Fingers crossed....

So,

I will be heading over and riding the route tomorrow regardless of weather. Depending on what Derek decides to do, is anyone else from WOhio/Columbus 100% planning on heading over to the ride tomorrow morning? If so, are we keeping the same meet point / time frame?

This is a just-in-case since we haven't heard anything officially yet. Plan B, if you will, except nobody is pregnant this time. 

Ok well I'll just post this now.

I will be sitting at the designated shell station on a bright orange Triumph at the stated time tomorrow morning in Columbus. I'm keeping to the schedule posted in this thread, unOfficial ride cancelled or not. 

Edited by what

Right now it's a virtual go. I just talked with my favorite sweep and he's in if we are, weather hasn't posed to become any worse ( although I hope it improves ) so we should be to Competition by 730am or so, then the Shell minimart by 9am.