Dragon Run, weather permitting. 4/11 or 4/16.

Tonik

To clarify, you're talking about Thursday (16th) through Sunday (19th). Correct?

I have to verify with both bosses (work and wife) but I'm leaning more towards 65/35 right now.

What the heck would you ride all that ways there and back and all over down there......the 675?

What the heck would you ride all that ways there and back and all over down there......the 675?

The first time I went to the gap I rode down and back on a 600RR, with Earache. I also rode with him out to Colorado on the ZX10R. So yes, I'd do it on the 675R. :)

Speaking of this trip, the wife is fine with me going. Just have to ask the other boss. So now I'm more like 85/15.

The first time I went to the gap I rode down and back on a 600RR, with Earache. I also rode with him out to Colorado on the ZX10R. So yes, I'd do it on the 675R. :)

Speaking of this trip, the wife is fine with me going. Just have to ask the other boss. So now I'm more like 85/15.

Well those were the days when you actually rode, now you are older and out of bike shape. ;)  Good luck and have fun buddy, you are gonna need it on that torture rack.

What? Did i miss something? I'm either not getting some pun joke or did you have one? You OK Jim?

Sorry man I am fine, yes Casper got my joke. See I live less than 3 miles from Bad and in all my years here on OR I have never actually seen him ride his motorcycle.

That's cause it's a myth and I'm only a figment of your imaginations!

I was down in the smokies last weekend and was complaining enough about not having the bike and not being able to make the June trip cause of our family trip out West that this could happen if the new job would let me push my start date back a week. No dice :(

Edited by Bad324

It's ten days away - they have no clue at this point. Make the call 1-2 days before the departure date.

Yea, I always do it that way. And it will take bad weather before I cancel.

I booked my hotels for the first two nights. Do not wait to book Franklin, that town fills up FAST.  There are only about 10 rooms left at that hotel.  You can always cancel later.  Another guy I run with up here a lot is going with me/us.

Thursday night the 16th  one night.  I took the 99 dollar rate so we can cancel if we need to.

Best Western Townsend TN.
http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/US/TN/Townsend-hotels/BEST-WESTERN-Cades-Cove-Inn/Hotel-Overview.do?propertyCode=43178&cm_mmc=PTI-_-local-_-feed-_-43178

Friday April 17.    Microtel Inn & Suites Franklin  81 Allman Drive, Franklin, NC 28734 US

http://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/north-carolina/franklin/microtel-inn-franklin/hotel-overview?cid=local

I will figure out Saturday night later, we may just wing that one. 

Edited by Tonik

I think he's saying he'd have a heart attack if Bad actually rode his motorcycle.

Sorry man I am fine, yes Casper got my joke. See I live less than 3 miles from Bad and in all my years here on OR I have never actually seen him ride his motorcycle.

Oh ok, I figured it was somthing I wasn't getting. Been a rough couple weeks for me my wits are not as they should be.
  • Upvote 1

My son and I spent the last 3 days on the Dragon with our WR250s. I wanted to ride the V-Stroms down but after doing that last April and being cold and wet we drove the truck and put the bikes in the trailer this year. Turned out to be the right idea. It rained on the way down Friday and on the way home yesterday. The rain and fog on 75 was so bad a few times we would have had to stop on the bikes. The WRs are a blast on the Dragon and so much more fun then the Strom was last year. Great time to ride down there we only got passed one time by a guy on a WR400.