NEO to SEO Sunday 4/12 Ride

dpgasser

I know that this is a little early, but throwing the feelers out...as the weather forecast (flame on) looks now, Sunday might be prime for a good SEO ride to scout out the roads and just get back on two wheels!!!

Will update with details on meet up place and time as it gets closer.

Dave G.

I woud definitely be down for this except my back is fup duc right now. Hopefully in a few weeks.

Sorry to hear this Jim...get back to full strength soon!

Define SEO lol

Typically meet up in Bolivar or Millersburg and hit 83/93 to 78, 377, 550, 26, 260, 800, etc. We usually throw 556 in the mix as well.  This ride will be something similar, but I imagine a little later start due to a cool morning - so we will not hit all of these most likely.

Oh, can't you see? You belong to me.

Police?

Going Saturday - Going to be a bit cooler, but also gives the day extra for recuperation, especially, being the first long ride of the year, I'm sure my body will not be pleased, but my brain definitely will!

Have a good ride Derek, if you change your mind...you can always join us on Sunday.

Tim, these are generally pretty long rides - especially for you guys coming from Cleveland and points north. But it is worth it to hit some good roads and be out of the Winter!

No one has definitely confirmed, so I am flexible with the meet time and route. I really just want to scout some roads and will not be doing an extremely brisk pace.

Dave G.

client_appalachian_zpsxrm57wrk.jpg

This is my definition...and we will be riding in many of these Counties (obviously not all of them)

DPG.

I might be able to meet up somewhere once you post the actual route. New to me bike. I'm in Harlem Springs. Millersburgs a haul, Bolivar not so bad, New Phili is a easy meet point. Edited by Gump

Depending on how far south you go, I can point you to some really good roads in lawrence gallia and scioto counties.

Thanks for the offer and I may take you up on this in the future, but I have a buddy riding down from Mentor in Lake County, so we will not be going that far south - he is pushing 450+ miles on our "typical" rides as it is.  But later in the riding season, I wouldn't mind exploring those Counties.

I'm really not familiar with using google maps that way or I would. 

The big highlights in scioto county 125, 140, 93, 522, 650, 335, 139, woods ridge (chip seal), Greenbriar rd, Jackson fork rd, and if you feel like venturing into Pike county 335 continues into Pike and gets very interesting. 327 is also good. Park service roads (paved) in Shawnee state forest have some amazing views and turns, Pike forest too.  

As for Lawrence county; 141, 775, 217, 218, 243, 650, 93, 522, 790 (my favorite road in existence.), Hannan Trace rd, Basically any paved county road here is awesome. 

Lawrence co = low traffic very little patrolling EXCEPT in the Hanging rock area. HRPD has one of the highest citation rates in the country. Roads are usually clear. A few tricky places with badly marked signage. 5/6 20 degree hairpins. 

Scioto county: 125, 522, woods ridge, greenbriar, jackson fork, 335, park rds are all pretty clear. the rest are moderately trafficked. Roads are USUALLY pretty clear. 

I tried to get a ride assembled last summer but no bites. Here in the next month or so I will put together an other one. And hopefully have things mapped out by then lol

Okay...meeting Tpoppa in Millersburg at 10am, sidestands up and wheels rolling by 10:15am.  Second meet spot in Otsego (where 83 and 93 intersect) around 11am (meeting roamr here). Continue on 83 from here to 78 and Gas stop in McConnelsville.  Then 377, 550 into Marietta and 26, 260, 800 or something along these lines as we start heading back north.

DPG.

You fuckers. I was all in for Millersburg at 10:00. Spent yesterday / today prepping and doing a shake down ride in anticipation of this years first real ride.

There is no way I'm making Bolivar an hour earlier. You guys are nuts. It's going to be too damn cold for riding that early.

Speed safely & have fun. I hate you all.

Edited by Uncle Punk

Sorry man...Tony had to bow out for family reasons, so it made more sense to meet Brian (coming from Mentor) in Bolivar.  Brian made the call on the meet time, he must be immune to the cold!  Wish I could have rode with you, next time post up your intention to participate earlier and we can make modifications to meet time and place to better accommodate. Next time.

I'm just whining. It's only 15 minutes longer for me to get to Bolivar but moving the start time up an hour just killed it for me this early in the season. I did zero prep for my body this year for riding and it showed yesterday. My hands hurt from turning the bars or stopping, my jacket shrunk somehow and has made it uncomfortable to move around in.

I'm still getting kicked out of the house today so some sort of riding is in order. Apparently plans for today have been made around me being gone & I am not to mess them up by sticking my nose into them. Maybe I'll see you guys out there.