It's Just Me♡

omni.gipson

Welcome. I am north of Dayton in Piqua, I work in Huber (close to WPAFB). Nice bike!

Oh and since you new I will tell you, I am a female rider as well.

Check out the epic ride thread and see if you can make it.

Edited by snot

Thank you for serving!!!

Welcome to Ohio.I hope you enjoy your time in the buckeye state.If you get a chance head over here to southeastern Ohio to check out some of the best roads.If you're into hiking and out door activities the Hocking Hills is worth a weekend stay...especially in the fall.

Thank you Snot I will have to check that out. Yeah! Another female rider!

Drc I will have to check that out. I need to find a spot I like with some accessories so I can get a different cushion for my butt!

She makes great sammich's. And welcome aboard.

Maybe you can help me out then

Lucky for you the Phoenix is my all time favorite CBR and I owned a bastard one (it was an 08 with the '09 Phoenix body custom fit to it) for a short time. If you have questions, feel free to ask!

Welcome!

As Snot mentioned, try to make the Epic Ride. It's great way to meet fellow riders. The ride is broken into 10 bike groups and further broken into skill level and speed. There is always a big group from the Dayton area that ride over as a group.

I promise it's a great time!

Welcome to the OR & thank you for your dedication and service for our country! +1 on the Epic ride. It's a great way to meet up with some good people and enjoy a day of riding. The Epic Ride thread is under rides & events.

:welcomeor:

Thanks for your service!!

Join us in a couple weeks for the Epic Ride, it's a good time and you'll get to meet several of us.  Our side of the state is meeting up to group together, then riding east to the primary locale to meet the rest of us... 

http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/106952-western-ohio-meetup-for-spring-epic-ride-51615/'>http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/106952-western-ohio-meetup-for-spring-epic-ride-51615/

You could always get a UV rated Navy decal printed at a local print shop.  My wife used to work at a print shop that made UV rated vinyl decals/logos for work trucks and vans.  She printed me off some cool stuff for my last bike.

does the shell of the helmet really do much beyond distributing the impact?

not to oversimplify helmet design technology, but they're mostly Styrofoam with a padded liner and a composite shell for weather-proofing and to hold the thing together.  Even if that shell was weakened, I would be surprised to learn that that has a dramatic effect on the protection offered.

A decal would be a great option, but fitting decals to curved surfaces is a huge pain in the ass.  Plenty of people do custom paint work on helmets.  It won't be cheap though.

does the shell of the helmet really do much beyond distributing the impact?

not to oversimplify helmet design technology, but they're mostly Styrofoam with a padded liner and a composite shell for weather-proofing and to hold the thing together. Even if that shell was weakened, I would be surprised to learn that that has a dramatic effect on the protection offered.

A decal would be a great option, but fitting decals to curved surfaces is a huge pain in the ass. Plenty of people do custom paint work on helmets. It won't be cheap though.

the shell also provides abrasion resistance, something the impact-absorbing foam is not great at. Maybe I'm a milqtoast but I'd rather not chance compromising safety for asthetics.

I just left WrightPatt AFB.  The best close roads are on the southeast side of town.  Venture into SE Ohio or KY when you have a full day to ride.

The Epic rides are a ton of fun!!!

Thumbs up for Hoblick's work.  

All joking aside I think a recruiter on a bike is a great way to spark a conversation.