RAM X-Grip Motorcycle Phone Mount

RidersDiscount

One of our most popular selling RAM Mount kits, the RAM X-Grip for mobile phones is in stock and ready to ship from Riders Discount!

ram_x-wing_motorcycle_mount_1.jpg

The RAM X-Grip Phone Mount is available to purchase through our website.  If you need help placing your order, or have any questions about the product, feel free to give MIKE a call at 866.931.6644 ext. 804.  Is email more convenient?  Send us a private message through this forum or write to us at FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM, and we'll get back to you right away!

The RAM-X-Grip features a four leg, spring loaded design with impressive holding that locks in your device to its cradle.  Easy to use, simply pull open the arms, place your phone on the backing plate, and let the rubber coated fingers grip your phone tight.  The soft rubber fingers offer just enough force to keep your phone in place without breaking.  

This particular kit is designed to work with your brake or clutch lever mounts or if you have free space along your handlebar, RAM Mounts include a U-Bolt to attach it wherever you'd like.  Of course, if you'd rather, you can customize the kit with any mount you'd like, such as the fork stem mount.  Riders Discount carries all the RAM Mounts kits and mounts, just let us know what you're looking for!

Metric and SAE bolts are included.  

ram_x-wing_motorcycle_mount_3.jpg

Able to orient in either portrait or landscape position, the X-Grip can hold even the widest of phones with a maximum grip of 3.25".  

ram_x-wing_motorcycle_mount_8.jpg

Pictured here is the iPhone 6.

ram_x-wing_motorcycle_mount_4.jpg

Made in the USA with a lifetime warranty, order your RAM Mount X-Grip Phone kit from Riders Discount today!  If you have any questions regarding this RAM Mount product, feel free to give us a call or send us an email and we'll gladly help you the best we can!

ram_x-wing_motorcycle_mount_10.jpg

This thing is great. After watching a video of a motocross guy go through a race with his phone secured by one of these things, I bought one. It is really easy to lock your phone in and take it out too! 

This thing is great. After watching a video of a motocross guy go through a race with his phone secured by one of these things, I bought one. It is really easy to lock your phone in and take it out too! 

Agreed!

I'm running one of these on my Tenere. Fits the iPhone 6+

The only negative thing I have to say is that once the phone is inserted, there's some play in the rotation but it's not an issue for normal riding. Off road, it may bother some.

I'm running one of these on my Tenere. Fits the iPhone 6+

The only negative thing I have to say is that once the phone is inserted, there's some play in the rotation but it's not an issue for normal riding. Off road, it may bother some.

Thanks for the feedback, we found it to have very little play on our test model. 

I love mine and mine has th e play in it too but it's not a big deal. I find the larger the phone the more play it has. But they are worth every dime. Has held my phone without fail for 12,000 miles and counting.

Edited by 2talltim

I love mine and mine has th e play in it too but it's not a big deal. I find the larger the phone the more play it has. But they are worth every dime. Has held my phone without fail for 12,000 miles and counting.

Thanks for the real world feedback too!

Best setup by far. I researched for weeks. I have the stem mount instead of the u-bolt for my R1. The cradle is the X-grip. I take the cradle off and have a ram mount with suction cup in the car. Just a quick twist and I can move it back an forth. Great with my Note3. Complement this with a USB power line connected to the battery. GPS on the phone for long trips. LG TonePlus Bluetooth ear buds. Means music and turn by turn navigation for long trips. Some days you just want to get lost but still make it home for dinner.

Already have a RAM mount on my Multistrada, with a cradle for my Garmin. How much for just the phone cradle?

Or, did I miss that part? I can't speed read for shit. :(

Dont forget the cup holder paul.. :lol:

I have the same X grip. I'm impressed with it and it's super simple and convienent. iPhone 5, in a slippery case, doesn't move. Minus the rotation thing which is less than 25 degrees if it does.

Already have a RAM mount on my Multistrada, with a cradle for my Garmin. How much for just the phone cradle?

Or, did I miss that part? I can't speed read for shit. :(

Hate too poo on riders thread....I got an x mount cradle you can have. I had to get a bigger one for my nexus. The one you can have is bigger, just not the huge one.

I find the rotation in use manageable. I rotate the holder to allow for it to fall to the spot I want.

Take out the for screws and wrap some electrical tape one the metal tabs that stick out.

Nice. I will take that, Sir. I can't come to your IP ride, but I'd be willing to meet you on your way back. I've construction guys digging holes in my yard, tomorrow.

Pending it fits the iphone5S

Toss me an addy. I'll swing out in the afternoon.

Thanks for the feedback, we found it to have very little play on our test model. 

The amount of play is greater the larger the device. That said, it my iPhone 6+ with case, there isn't a lot of play...it can maybe rotate 10-15 degrees. Again, not an issue for me and this is the best setup IMO because you don't have to put the phone in a special case or even take it out of the case like a lot of the phone mounts. The best part is, there is absolutely no way the phone is coming out of there without intent.

Just had a cheap Chinese one fly off my handlebars today. Amazingly though it was still holding my phone in the middle of the road when I retrieved it. Phone unharmed. Mount received lots of physical damage after I jumped on it and kicked it into a ditch

Have one on my zx6. Originally for my iPhone 4. Now for my iPhone 6. No play. It "rotates", but that's normal I thought.

"I miss America"

It's normal, mine new larger one was just a tad too loose so it would rotate on it's own when I cranked the bar to the stops. Not a big deal, just put some tape in there to stiffen it up. Without the rotation it would suck, it would never be straight.......