looking for route suggestions to deals gap

Hoblick

of the many times I've been down, I've either had no time and went highway, or did a back road i didn't know that ended up not being that great of road.  so I'm looking for a route from marysville to deals gap

There just isn't much between us and Knoxville that goes north south.  Below is the way I do it when I am not in express mode.  62/68 is a nice ride. Get to see tons of awesome horse farms.  116 North of Knoxville is a must do road.

https://goo.gl/maps/cfqU1

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

Ride as fast as you can out of Ohio, towards Rt.47 in WV, right outside of Parkersburg. Take Rt.47 to Rt. 33, and follow that all the way to Harrisonburg VA. Spend the night in Harrisonburg. Next morning, take Rt.33 further East until you hit the Blue Ridge Parkway. BRP south until Ashville NC. From Ashville, it's just a short little jaunt to Deals Gap. Here's the tricky part...instead of taking that short jaunt to Deals Gap, ride some local roads around Asheville for two days. Just NE of Ashville, right off the BRP, find 226 and 226A. Go to Mapquest and look. Drool! I could make Asheville my base camp, and ride roads around there for a week. Fuck Deals Gap in the ass with a fork.

• Upvote 1

No recommendations on the ride there, but I did find an awesome route last week that appears to be unfounded so far. No traffic at all. Rt 32, just outside of Cosby, off 321 coming from Gatlinburg

df696fcc85db830e5dcd6d344a67a957.jpg

"I miss America"

Hoblick:  Here's a link to the 2-day route we took on the LocalRiders fall trip last year.  Runs from Cinti to Abingdon, VA and them on to Waynesville, NC.  You'd obviously need to modify it some if you're planning on ending near Deal's Gap.  The roads are all rural, low-traffic volume with tons of twisties and great scenery.  Hard to go wrong anywhere down there.

Have fun!

http://www.localriders.com/forums/showpost.php?p=164437&postcount=88

I'm doing 3 days, 1 day down, one day there, and one day back.

Sounds like you are gonna be on the slab buddy.......you would need more time to ride the really fun routes down there and back.