Where my love affair with two wheels began...

max power

A Concord Shadow Moped. My grandfather bought one of these new for my dad, and he rode it in high school to go fishing. When I was 12, I started riding it around the yard. Last time I checked it had around 1200 miles on it.

1981_pepi_sport.jpg

• Upvote 1

Straight tanks were the cool ones! Mine was an Eagle.

Paid 200 for it and changed the sprockets. Had to pedal it to get it moving but it would roll almost 40 miles an hour on flat ground. :lol:

Good times.

I should clarify that the little 50 was the first bike I ever rode actually. It's what I learned the shift patterns on and getting the hang of things. It's my buddies bike and then he threw me on a Kawasaki 80 two stroke than I promptly ran into a fence.

I've been hooked ever since :lol:

• Upvote 1

1981 Honda Express, shared with brother. I was 9 when we bought it.

1974 Yamaha DT 175, purchased with paper route money when I was 13.

1985 Yamaha V Max, purchased with money from working at a gas station when I was 17.

Yes, I was 17 and had a V Max. I'm lucky to be alive...but I've always been badass.

post-12074-0-99661300-1431558911_thumb.j

post-12074-0-59753700-1431558918_thumb.j

post-12074-0-95243400-1431558940_thumb.j

Edited by BadTrainDriver
  • Upvote 1

Got a '77 XR75 when I was 11. Dad took me to his buddies out in the stix who's son had the same bike. He yanked it off the truck, started it up for me, handed it over, and said "have at it boy". Off I went with this other kid I'd never met, when he starts pulling away and leaves my sight while I'm wringing the grip off of that throttle. WTF? I go back to find my Dad and his buddy drinking beer on the back porch, I roll up and throw the bike on the ground screaming how it's a piece of junk and the other bike is smoking mine out there. Dad burps, looks at me stupid and says " well, are ya shifting right?".

Dumbfounded, I retort..."uh, shifting?". After a brief lesson, I was hooked from that moment on.

34367420_scaled_352x264.jpg

• Upvote 1

This movie and bike started my dream of getting a sport bike when I was 7

Edit: won't work on my phone. Will update tomorrow

Edited by Bad324

This movie and bike started my dream of getting a sport bike when I was 7

Edit: won't work on my phone. Will update tomorrow

Dear sweet baby Jesus, PLEASE dont let his inspiration be BikerBoys

:nono:

• Upvote 2

Dear sweet baby Jesus, PLEASE dont let his inspiration be BikerBoys

:nono:

Haha I take this simply as a compliment since is need to be about 10 years younger for that to be it :D

I have told this story before, I think... I was never into bikes growing up.  I liked cars.  Then the guy I was subletting my room to for summer in college came home with this, for $600

Honda%20NT650%20Hawk.jpg

I thought it looked like the perfect mix between sport bike and cruiser.   He started shooting his mouth off about how fast it was, so I went online to confirm, and damn if it didn't beat a Mustang GT to 60mph for $600...

I wanted to buy a cruiser, because I thought knee-dragging was dumb (or I convinced myself of that when all the sportbikes I went to look at were either bought out from under me, or in horrible shape...)  Then I found my '97 EX500.  The price was right.  I was sick of shopping.  A new age of awesomeness in my life dawned.

The End.

• Upvote 2

ok let's try this again!

This is what got my dreams of owning a sport bike started at 7

topgun1ov2.4582.jpg

This was the first bike I ever got to ride

buell-lightning-xb12-3_600x0w.jpg

and this was the first bike I bought

2006HondaCBR600RR-001.jpg

• Upvote 3