What's the better deal?

YZ250

I sold my sport tourer last month and had the idea to take this riding season off. Well, of course I couldn't keep my eyes off of looking at used bikes and found something that caught my eye.

I have my eye on two bikes and I would like to get your opinion on which is the better deal given each circumstance. Both bikes fit my riding style.

The details of each are listed below:

Option 1: 2011 Yamaha V-Star 950

- 1,700 miles
- all factory original - tires, brakes, fluids, plugs, etc (owner says everything is perfect condition)
- second owner (I would be third)
- owner barely put on 1,200 miles in 3 years of ownership
- "small" loan still on bike from current owner
- does not have windshield or bags (would cost around $500 or so for me to add them on)
- price = $4,100...KBB retail price = $5,015

Option 2: 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT

- 6,500 miles
- all factory original - tires, brakes, fluids, plugs, etc (owner says everything is perfect condition)
- maintenance records available
- original owner purchased brand new
- title free and clear
- has windshield and bags
- price: $3,800...KBB retail price = $4,295

My main concern with the Yamaha is that with such low miles, it obviously sat around a lot. I was told by other gear heads when vehicles sit around a lot rather than being used, it can cause problems. I'm not sure what to think of this. Is the $300 difference in price point that I'm better off with one or the other?

Your input and breakdown would help me out.

Thanks!

Does the kawi have bags and or windshield? Kawi is the better bike. Much better ride and comfort. Both miles are low for age. I call BS on the sitting around thing long as they were taken care of.

Yammy is shaft right? Kawi is a belt but no real issues with their belts. Neighbor has the kawi, its a solid bike. I do all his work for him.

Secretary has the yammie, also a good bike but not as solid on the road.