Someone else got a new one 2.0

Al Z. Heimer

04b022789b66509496867cc22e5cce7b_zpskawr

e9a37e1610c4c8b83dce3e04cff86598_zpsfrar

Came across a deal that I could not pass up. Farkles up the yazoo. Picked it up tonight and road it home about 50 miles. I was quite impressed. Could not believe how quiet it is. Very little wind buffeting as well. Can't wait to rack up some miles on this. I now have 2 pissed off Hondas in the garage.

• Upvote 1

Sweet! Looks very well sorted out, all the right stuff on it.

'08? Trying to remember when the Gen1 went flat black.

I have an '09 that's new to me and loving it so far (had a 1k before that). If you head East and South (and you probably will) drop me a PM...always glad to ride with another Strom rider.

Sweet! Looks very well sorted out, all the right stuff on it.

'08? Trying to remember when the Gen1 went flat black.

I have an '09 that's new to me and loving it so far (had a 1k before that). If you head East and South (and you probably will) drop me a PM...always glad to ride with another Strom rider.

Yes an 08. The guy was picking up his new KTM tomorrow and really wanted this gone. The only thing so far that I'm not crazy about is the shorty levers that are on it. With the gloves I had on I could only 2 finger them. With my arthritis it got pretty uncomfortable when I was in traffic.

Yes an 08. The guy was picking up his new KTM tomorrow and really wanted this gone. The only thing so far that I'm not crazy about is the shorty levers that are on it. With the gloves I had on I could only 2 finger them. With my arthritis it got pretty uncomfortable when I was in traffic.

I hear ya on the levers, I don't like shorties either. I got some of the Chinese ASV knock-offs on mine but they're longer style - just a touch shorter than the OEM's.

Edited by swingset

i think i am doing it wrong, but i am used to holding lever with all fingers extended rather than the two finger tech. Was able to fine control the throttle with just the thumb "wrap" around it and the palm. UNTIL now. The 14 is a handful and just pulls out of this grip :(  need to change habits

i think i am doing it wrong, but i am used to holding lever with all fingers extended rather than the two finger tech. Was able to fine control the throttle with just the thumb "wrap" around it and the palm. UNTIL now. The 14 is a handful and just pulls out of this grip :(  need to change habits

I feel ya.  My 14's pull is what taught me to ride with ring and pinky being my primary grip at all times -- stock levers were adjusted out to the furthest point so I'd quit smashing my other fingers.   Now, shorty levers just feel so right.   Play a lot more guitar Doc, you're grip will smash lumber

Oh, and nice new ride Alz!!

Edited by Hellmutt