she never saw me till i hit her

kingnoobie

I was riding north on Route four through Marysville on my way homeand a gold van was stopped southbound waiting to turn left into blues Creek Golf Club.two cars in front of me pass by the van and I was about 4 car lengths behind them. the van made its turned into blues Creek in front of me and I locked up the brakes slid and caught the right rear passenger side of their van. Took out my turn signal, my right side fairings, broke me frame slider and pushed it through my fairing, and I'm sure there's more still but I haven't looked closer or under the fairings yet. My knee put a nice basketball deep dent in the rear quarter panel of her van and my frame slider ripped the bumper open to the metal. Said she never saw or heard anything until she felt me hit her. So far I'm on crutches for a week or so due to my right knee going into her van, and a cut on my shin. Will know more after my follow up. Dealing with safe auto insurance, who h from the reviews I've read they are horrible to deal with. So for now I'm back in a cage till she's repaired. Passenger in the van said..." man another inch and you wouldnt have hit us." Another inch the other way and I would've been in your backseat...another 3 seconds of waiting and I would've passed by and you could've turned freely. They didn't sayuch after that. But I never dropped the bike and luckily was wearing all my gear. Look out for motorcycles people. Bright neon green with brights on and she never saw a thing

post-18049-0-88733300-1433977030_thumb.j

post-18049-0-74640700-1433977055_thumb.j

Sorry that you were invisible.   :moo:  :moo:

Glad that the injuries seem to be minor. 

Get better. Get 'er fixed and then get out there with even more caution. Never trust anybody in a left turn lane.

Chris

I locked up the brakes slid...

Super glad you are ok. Get a bike with ABS if/when you can. Sounds like you didn't hit too hard, ABS and you probably would have stopped. Not giving you a hard time, you are ok, so by default that means you did it right.

• Upvote 1

Abs on a new bike or a bazaaz system with abs if they can repair the bike is a definite. No way I could've avoided it besides completely stopping. Oncoming traffic and she took up the lane I was in. Possibly could've swerved if I let off of the brakes, but possibly could've hit the sliding door or slid under her of I did let off. Lessons learned... but in the end she was cited and I'm walking still.

• Upvote 1

Considering a lawyer. Especially since the frame is broke and I know it will be totaled. Lots of aftermarket parts so I want to get something at least equal to what I have. Not looking for a large settlement...but want Dr bills, bike replacement, and loss of work covered at minimum

I've been down this road a few times. Bike will be paid for, it's your med bills and pain you need to worry about. Think about how much someone would have to pay you to sustain your injuries and experience the accident voluntarily and stick with that figure. If they won't meet it, lawyer up and ask for 4 times that amount.

Sorry to hear about your accident and glad to hear you are ok. Great job keeping the bike up and not going down. That's a hard thing to do with the binders mashed! Good luck with the insurance, I am still paying bills from my accident last summer.

I've been down this road a few times. Bike will be paid for, it's your med bills and pain you need to worry about. Think about how much someone would have to pay you to sustain your injuries and experience the accident voluntarily and stick with that figure. If they won't meet it, lawyer up and ask for 4 times that amount.

This /\. Although u can do it yourself. remember the lawyer will take there cut. You should have a loaner car or bike during the mess. Assertively Tell them it was your daily transportation and saves you gas and demand a rental on their tab. Make sure the rental gets charged to their insurance company. Had a insurance company approve once then try to have me pay up front and tell me I could only have it for a number of days. The answer to that is no, your paying for it and I'll return it when I have a check in my hand. Makes them figure it out quicker.

Glad you're ok. Just like the accident that killed the father in front of Marysville Lanes, I'll chalk it up to distracted driver. A stick straight piece of road with no obstructions anywhere near the road. I swear the people out here are worse than the people in Dublin, Columbus, etc. Good luck in dealing with the Insurance companies.

that sucks, very sorry to hear, do as everyone else is saying here and lawyer up.

your bike is unrepairable, it will be salvaged as it has major frame damage (the frame slider ripped that part of the frame apart)  if the frame on a bike is damaged in anyway it is considered a total loss by issuance companies , so start thinking about the next bike you want.

Edited by Hoblick

You need an attorney. Don't trust anyone but your lying, cheating, snake in the grass lawyer. Seriously.

Glad you're alright. Now lawyer up and give her a reason to see motorcycles in the future.

And hoof her right in the front butt if you ever see her again.

Glad you made it out in one piece and alive to tell the tell. 

If i see someone in the coming lane trying to make a left, I get right up on the bumper of the car in front of me (safely of course). But enough where i would be past by the time the person turning left would be getting on the gas. 

Something that will help is to keep a daily journal of your physical condition until it's time to start the settlement.  This will just help with the settlement when it comes time to pay for pain, suffering, lost time from work AND lost time from riding.  Remember you might start feeling better after a couple months but you could have problems later down the road so make sure you get compensated accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

The SMIDSY maneuver (weaving in your lane) helps drivers recognize an oncoming motorcycle. Increased following distance can help also, as it separates your form from the visual noise of the traffic in front of and behind you. Heal up!