Vaping. A hobby for some and a means of quitting for others

TheBrown57

I know Skullcrusher had a thread about this posted some time ago but figured I'd make a new one instead of bumping a dead one.

I have recently gotten into vapeing and figured I'd make somewhere that people can discuss mods and what not. OR is definitely my go to forum for general chatter and I have made some good friends here and the users are pretty awesome (aside from all the hookers and blow) even if I haven't met them all in person.

I was far from a big smoker and vary rarely went through more than 2 packs a month. Smoking for me was a way to relax and just calm down. Having a number of friends and family be avid vape users I decided to look into it. The initial cost is high but after you get your battery and tank the cost of atomizers and fluid gets your money back rather quickly.

I went a little on the high side so that I wouldn't be buying something I was going to want to upgrade in a couple weeks. I bought a Eleaf iStick 30w battery and an Aspire Atlantis v1 tank from a local store, Vaporcast in Mason, and they included a 30mL bottle of juice and the total came to just over $100. The Atlantis also came with an extra atomizer and glass tank, the iStick is a 2200Mah battery (lasts me at least a day with the wattage set at 25w) and is also a pass through (you can charge and use it at the same time) that charges off a standard USB Micro-B cable. The atomizers last 3-4 weeks and you can get 5 of them for $10-15 and the brand of flavor I like sells liquid in 15mL bottles for about $12. I can make a bottle last me about 1.5 weeks most of the time.

I love this set up and have been very happy with it, I did upgrade to the 5mL extension for the tank now making it hold 7mL at a time. I have tried quite a few different flavors and brands and have settled on the brand Ruthless Vapes. They have great flavors and have been excellent quality liquid, currently using Mandingo (banana nut bread with cinnamon) and I switch between that and Ez Duz It (IT'S FUCKING BUBBLE YUM!).

I know not everyone like these things and it doesn't help with the ass hats that are not respectful in using them (I ask people around me if they are ok with it before I start using it and I don't typically use it inside businesses unless I know for sure I can) but there have been quite a few document studies that disprove quite a few of the myths that are circling around. I agree that it's too new to know everything about it and more studies need to be done but some of the claims people have against it are ridiculous and have been shown as false.

Anyway! Anyone else on here big into this? If so what setup are you running and what thoughts do you have on things? 

I have two of them that I confiscated from my kid. May have to try it as I recently started smoking again.

Absolutely hate cigarettes but the stress in my life has been pretty awful in the last year or two.

Are they the gas station kind? Those ones are horrible for you from what I've found online.

is this like a portable hookah or something? All I know is the only time I've had a friend have one it had some simulated weed in it that was supposed to get you high and everything and had ZERO smell

I hate it because people call it Vapeing. Sounds like some hipster annoying bullshit to me

Edited by Bad324

I've been using a standard setup ( Aspire EDC tank and eGo-c batt's 2600mah ) for over a year now.  No ill effects so far, and my lungs have cleared out quite a bit ( smoked 27 years with the last 6 being menthols ) and the money spent is far less than a pack a day used to cost me.   I like the fact I dont stink like an ashtray anymore, and can carry my vape into most anywhere and use it freely ( within reason ).  in short, I'm a believer

• Upvote 1

is this like a portable hookah or something? All I know is the only time I've had a friend have one it had some simulated weed in it that was supposed to get you high and everything and had ZERO smell

I know a guy that made his own hemp oil.  Couldn't smell pot, couldn't really taste pot too much either, but I only hit it once and swear I didn't inhale ;)

I had it because people call it Vapeing. Sounds like some hipster annoying bullshit to me

7F181BF4-6EB6-4E49-ACF8-77D37802C826_zps

This is mine. I use mine as something to substitute my urge to smoke cigs. You can get the liquid in varying levels of nicotine to no nicotine at all. There are a bunch of different flavors available from breakfast cereals to straight menthol. There are a lot of different flavor makers and some are better than other (I prefer Ruthless vapes liquid over most other brands). I have not heard of the weed thing you posted about but I don't doubt there is something like it out there. Some people go deep into this stuff and have setups worth a pretty penny.

What atomizer are you running tonhe at 25w? I run 6.5 to 7w

My atomizer is .5ohm and I run it from 20-30w depending on how much "smoke" I want. It's the regular atomizer that comes with the Atlantis tank, they offer them in .5 and 1ohm variants. The Atlantis V2 goes down to .3ohm but it has increased airflow to deal with the heat generated.

My atomizer is .5ohm and I run it from 20-30w depending on how much "smoke" I want. It's the regular atomizer that comes with the Atlantis tank, they offer them in .5 and 1ohm variants. The Atlantis V2 goes down to .3ohm but it has increased airflow to deal with the heat generated.

It should be noted that you need a battery capable of running sub ohm to work with these coils, otherwise the chipset in the battery won't see the coil and won't fire because it's threshold is 1 ohm.

• Upvote 1

It should be noted that you need a battery capable of running sub ohm to work with these coils, otherwise the chipset in the battery won't see the coil and won't fire because it's threshold is 1 ohm.

Good catch! He's right, you need a sub ohm capable battery to run coils coils that are sub ohm.

I may be upgrading my battery this weekend to a Innokin iTaste MVP3.0PRO. I want the wider range of power and the bigger battery as well. I was originally looking at the iStick 50w but there has been a number of cases of them basically catching fire due to a faulty over charge protection chip. They are priced just about the same and have the same mAh battery rating.

No. Fancy shmancy one. Digital readouts and errything!

Her boyfriend spent some jack on them. I'll have to thank him.

No idea how old your daughter or her boyfriend are, but it's illegal for kids to possess "alternative nicotine products."  If there's no nicotine, then it's not an issue, but the "tobacco" laws changed in response to e-cigs showing up in schools. 

No idea how old your daughter or her boyfriend are, but it's illegal for kids to possess "alternative nicotine products." If there's no nicotine, then it's not an issue, but the "tobacco" laws changed in response to e-cigs showing up in schools.

I don't think Ohio has any laws on the books about it yet.