Quad $2500

M_Quick

If it's brushed ss then paint will stick fine. The paint I meant was VHT Chassis paint... It even advertises nerf bars on the can... Super durable... The stainless looks fine obviously, just offering a cheap alternative to you.. I've used this stuff and never had any worries about peeling and such

99984865_vht_SP671_pri_larg_zps0gb5u4sh.

• 5 months later...

Well I guess my title transfer was flagged by the tax department. Say's average selling price of this quad is $6397.27! He'll that's more than I paid for my other one brand new off the floor, after tax title and financing fee's for a 3 yr loan. So the state is demanding the additional taxes at 7.5% equaling almost $500.

Somehow they only had $250 as purchase price, instead of $2500. I guess the highly trained person behind counter couldn't read well. And when they read the amount to me, I just agreed lol. So if I fill out there form and correct the purchase price, I will owe $168.75! That's better than $500 or the 6 months in jail and $1000 fine. And they want there money by the 19th! Or else they say? I wonder if they will reissue a new title with the correct amount on it. Or just pocket my money, and forget about it.

Idk this is a 1st for me. And I can't count how many $100 cars I've bought and sold.

Similar situation happened to me on my Raptor...put $3k on the title and got a letter in the mail a couple months later stating the vehicle retail price was $4,500 minimum and i owed them more taxes, probably not smart but i filed the letter in my trash can!

• Upvote 1

They don't have a right to know. Only if you stupidly tell them, would they know.  I do the same thing, in the trash. There's nothing sent via mail that you "have" to answer. 

Similar situation happened to me on my Raptor...put $3k on the title and got a letter in the mail a couple months later stating the vehicle retail price was $4,500 minimum and i owed them more taxes, probably not smart but i filed the letter in my trash can!

How long ago was this, and you never herd anymore? 3k and 4500 is pretty close, I'm surprised that was even flagged. Mine however is a difference of over 6k.

Me and Pokey traded motorcycles and put it on the title that it was a even trade. We got the letters in the mail and we filled them out acording to the even trade. Long story short we ended up paying the taxes on difgerence in price what they said said they were worth. So we kinda got fucked.

Me and Pokey traded motorcycles and put it on the title that it was a even trade. We got the letters in the mail and we filled them out acording to the even trade. Long story short we ended up paying the taxes on difgerence in price what they said said they were worth. So we kinda got fucked.

Wow sounds like it. So are you saying to fill it out with correct amount, and pay the extra. Or that there gonna fuck me out of the full amount of taxes on there bs over inflated value.

The value we put was below acual value and it didn't matter they used what ever book value they found on them.

I can't remember the acual numbers but let's say mine was worth $4k and his was worth $6k, I ended up paying taxes on the $2k difference and I think he had to pay thr taxes on the other $4k

Or other way around I can't remember

Edited by 2talltim

That's bs, and they have the value of this quad way over inflated. Idk what to do. If I fill out paperwork with a different amount on it, that's admitting that the original transfer was falsified. Does the state keep records of original titles? Because the purchase amount is right on the back of the previous one.

How long ago was this, and you never herd anymore? 3k and 4500 is pretty close, I'm surprised that was even flagged. Mine however is a difference of over 6k.

It was about a year ago and i have not heard from them since.

I had a similar situation. Traded F4i for kfx450r. Title on F4i had $300 so that was what I put on quad title. Got something in mail that said dealership price was valued at $5500 and I needed to pay difference. Something about cash/work/trade had to be included in price. I filled out paper explaining I traded bike and if they wanted to talk dealership prices then they would have to price replacing all fairings to bring bike to dealer value. I called # on paper and explained all this and guy had me fax paper and that was last I heard of it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2016 at 10:59 AM, bowdog said:

It was about a year ago and i have not heard from them since.

Mailed mine back to them and haven't herd crap. But my post office is the Innis rd branch and there always on the news for lost mail, lol.. 

Order a few more goodies for the Reaper quad.

DSC_1515_zpspp0vuafz.jpg

1st is a Modquad custom brake reservoir cover. And the top view of the PRM Desert II bumper

DSC_1528_zpsgiwefxjp.jpg

Next is the front lower view of the PRM Desert II front bumper and the 0.160 A-Arm guards.

DSC_1520_zpsyelgbjbw.jpg

Then last but certainly not least is the PRM grab bar and utility rack.

DSC_1519_zps8wjsjv0t.jpg

Everything fit fine, and looks great. The A-arm bolts were long like I said before. And the bumper bolts could of been longer. In fact the bottom bolt I had to use my old L8ton bolt. Idt prm took in account for the thickness of someone having a 0.190 skid plate. Not sure if the a-arm and bumper bolts are the same threads, but will check. And now I see what others are talking about as far as the rubber bushings on the bumper. It's solid enough, yet flexes and moves around more than you would think.  As for the utility rack, and grab bar. The rack is made a lot thinner than my DG 6 pack rack. And it flexes side to side, but not when you lift up. The grab bar makes it extremely easy to manipulate the quad. A lot more easier than the higher DG Rack. Prm sales all the individual parts for this rack, so if you crash or roll quad, you can order just whats needed.

• 2 weeks later...

looking good man! I am assuming that you are keeping this one now?

Thanks! And I'm keeping both, unless you or someone else offers me more cash than there worth. I'm thinking about using this one for West Virginia, and the other for muddy Wayne.

I installed these the other day. I was hoping it would widen the front end more than it did. Now I'm not sure if I will go with the 11" or 10" rears. I may just think about this for awhile. I also installed the ModQuad brake block off kit. I love the MQ look, lol!

DSC_1538_zpstqkrwvma.jpg

DSC_1565_zpspb733atc.jpg

This is what it looked like after I brought it home. The only thing I added here was the dirt skin shock covers.

DSC_0569_zpso8xxskha.jpg

DSC_1542_zpsklfn33a7.jpg

Looks a little different today. Once nice out I will take picture in same spot again. Maybe by June I will have something else done! You can see the block off kit laying on the seat here, and just placed the large and small cooler in the racks for looks. I'm still looking for a nice box. And I may look into a rotopax or kolpin gas can mount under the rack? Tires are over inflated in photo, the look like 23's! I know I will have to re-adjust sag since I took the 21's off. Front end looks way high now!

Dual S3 T-5500 Water/Dust Proof Dual Case's. Cases come with a lifetime warranty, and are water proof to 100ft!  Boxes have Inside Dimensions of 9.37"w x 7.24"d x 6.08h"
Outside Dimensions of 10.19w x 8.55d x 6.80h Leaves about 5" in between cases, for what ever. Comes with 4 piece foam inserts. One attached to top, another thin layer in the bottom, and 2 pre-perforated pieces to customize for what ever your hauling! Cost was $62.98 shipped for the pair.

DSC_1607_zpsc4zzxuka.jpg

DSC_1604_zpsgprojlsj.jpg

DSC_1610_zps6doc7qgg.jpg

DSC_1609_zps74kbj61s.jpg

• 1 month later...

So I got my new rear wheels and tires mounted, wish I could share a photo. Wow well I guess I have it now, instead of using the url link in Photobucket, this s/ware like's the direct HTTP link. Anyways yeah they look like the fronts only a bit larger, lol. I also added a Precision Shock & mount recently. If you look close under bars you can see it.  

DSC_0003_zpswyblkbl0.jpg