Quick question about selling a trackbike.

AlpineJim

I've been out of the game for a couple of years well more like 3 years now and my trackbike been taking up space in my workshop. Question is what the best way of putting a value on the bike? I want to sell it to someone getting into trackdays. I.I feel it would be a good starter bike for trackdays. I don't need to make money but would like to get a fair value out of it. 

The bike is a 2003 Honda CBR600rr Track only bike. Has 6949 miles on it. I think it had rough 3500k on it when I converted it to a trackbike. It has a clean title. I have roughly every spare part other then a spare motor, frame and subframe. I had it running today and it started strong. The front forks need rebuilt but I have all the parts to service them. 

What would be a good starting price for this bike? 

Thanks for your time. 

Matt

I think $3k is a good starting point.  the spares give you some ground to be firmer on a price, but it's a 13 year old bike.  The issue isn't how much yours is worth, it's what else someone can buy for the same money.

Faulty logic or not, a lot of people would rather buy a 2005 bike with fewer extras for the same price.  In their mind, they're getting a "better" bike simply because it's newer.

I had a 2003 600RR and it was better than I was...  I don't think many club racers could claim otherwise.

3 will be a stretch. Especially now mid season, need to hurry up and list it if you hope to get that.

I thought that too, but it's not a horrible asking price.  And with a spare set of wheels, etc., it's not totally out-of-line.  Especially if it comes with a transponder.