Saturday July 11, 2015 - NEO to SEO

DerekClouser

As some of you may remember from last year, my twin brother passed away in a motorcycle accident on July 12, 2012.  

The closest Saturday (weather permitting) to that date, I always try to make it a point to take a ride in his memory.  

The plan is to leave Wooster gas station @ 83 around 7:30-8:00am.  I plan to ride the entire day but if you want to come and need to leave early or jump in late, you can always jump in mid route or break off before hand.  

Tentative route: http://tinyurl.com/oar6unq

Pace will be brisk, but no one will get left behind. We will wait for everyone at turns and stop signs.

The only thing with this ride is we will be taking several gas/stretch breaks, lunch break and if needed a dinner break.   

It's not a memorial ride for you guys, it's just something I do on a personal level for myself to remember him my way. It's nothing more than a ride for the rest, and a bit more special for myself, so I hope those who can join will want to.

Let me know.

Whaler has already said he would ride.  I assume possibly wolfman1, shooter66, and possibly ricer1 will attend as well.  

Derek, I enjoyed last years ride with you and Jim. Will try to make it again. B.

Derek. I enjoyed last years ride with you & that other guy. I hope no evading and eluding is required in this year's ride. I will do my best to make it.

• Upvote 2

Derek. I enjoyed last years ride with you & that other guy. I hope no evading and eluding is required in this year's ride. I will do my best to make it.

Yea, pace won't be quite so brisk.   Nothing like passing a Sheriff right out of Millersburg and having to ramp it up to about 110 through that first good section.  

I'm going to have to pass this one up for the sake of staying married. My wife's got a new bike in the garage with less than 200 miles on it. The only time she will ride is with me. After Last Thursday's SEO ride & Mid Ohio yesterday I really should ride local with Holly.

I'm going to have to pass this one up for the sake of staying married. My wife's got a new bike in the garage with less than 200 miles on it. The only time she will ride is with me. After Last Thursday's SEO ride & Mid Ohio yesterday I really should ride local with Holly.

All good Jim, it's understandable.  Not sure the weather is gonna hold up anyways. 

Oh man...if I can find some one to take my kids to swim practice I'd like to join. Haven't had an all day ride yet this season. Which gas station is the meet up. Subscribed.

Edited by mojocho

Oh man...if I can find some one to take my kids to swim practice I'd like to join. Haven't had an all day ride yet this season. Which gas station is the meet up. Subscribed.

Gas station is a Stop-N-Go   

Address: 

Stop 'N Go
825 Dover Rd
Wooster, OH 44691

Probably meet around 7:30am - Kickstands up at 8:00.    Taking 83 down so if Coshocton or Millersburg is easier for some, then just jump in as we roll through.  ETA Millersburg will be around 830ish and Coshocton about 8:50ish.   I'd like to not stop again until New Concord after leaving Wooster.  

First stop will likely be this Fuel Mart. 
Fuel Mart
201 W Main St
New Concord, OH 43762

About what time are you planning on swinging through New Concord? about 9:15/9:30? I'll probably meet you guys there at your fuel stop.

Yea, 915 is probably pretty close.

Also FYI to anyone planning on attending.  Marietta looks like it might possibly rain down near the river.  0% at New Concord but 20% near Marietta and it's been fluctuating, so we may need to adjust the route as we go if we see showers, but shouldn't be a problem.   

Look forward to seeing as many of you in the morning!