Yamaha/Star Demo Days

Tonyblaze

Yamaha/Star Demo days this Fri/Sat @ 10-4 and 10-3 respectively at State 8 Motorcycles in Peninsula.

FJ09

FZ-09

FZ-07

FZ6R

Super Tenere

R3

R6

V Star 1300 Deluxe

V Star 1300

Stryker Bullet

Stryker Raid

Raider

VMAX

Bolt C Spec

Bolt R

Bolt V Star 950

Got to ride the FJ09 first.  Coming from a sport bike like an R6 it was way different of a bike.  I personally didn't like it b/c it was too soft, too upright of a seating position and I felt like I couldn't connect with it for some reason.  It has some other modes for settings on the electronics too.  The next ride was the R3.  I was surprised at how upright it sits.  It was a little gutless in the low-end throttle until you got up in the power band around 4K.  After all, it's just a 300.  Coming from an in-line 4 motor, it wouldn't be a bike for me.  Too used to the smoothness of the R6.  The last ride was the FZ09.  It was awesome and I liked it the best of the ones I rode.  It is built on the same chasis and has the same motor as the FJ09 but different seat and plastics and it's geared a bit differently.  It sits more upright but keeps you wrapped into the bike tank with the seating position so you feel a part of it.  It was pleasantly surprising and the price at State 8 was not bad for a new bike.  The sales team were all raving about it.  One noticeable thing about all the bikes seemed to be the snappy throttles.  That bugged me a bit.  Don't know if that's a simple adjustment or not or if that's just the way they all are.  That's all I had time for but they really want you to ride only 2 demos to give others a chance to ride.  If they are not too busy they will let you ride more.  Some people rode 4 rides.  If you get a chance to talk to the truck driver he was a wealth of knowledge and fun to talk to.  He's been lots of places recently with the demo and just from Sturgis, SD doing demos for a whole week there.  If you get the chance to go it was worth it having never done it before.  Nice seeing NinjaDoc and Alzheimer there too!!!  Sorry I didn't stick around to see you come back on the last ride.

Rode the FZ09 and FJ09 today. The VMAX wasn't in the rotation. I was disappointed in the FJ09 but the issues could probably be adjusted away. Clutch, suspension, etc Watched two women drop bikes and get yanked from the lineup.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk