BAD's 3 Car Garage project

Bad324

As some of you may already know, I recently moved in to a new place this summer that has been almost fully updated and move in ready minus painting and furnishing. Finally have gotten to the point where I can start my winter project a bit early....the 3 car garage.

My initial plans are very, very budget minded so I am going to likely only concentrate on the 3rd, single car bay to start.

Photo 1 below: Everything you see down the left wall of the garage will likely be removed. Either going in a shed or on the opposite wall in the 2 car bay.. That is TBD later once I play around with some things.

The cabinets on the far wall I am going to paint black so they are at least a uniform color until I decide to replace with a nicer setup down the road. Part of the budget mindedness is that I acquired all of them in the purchase of the home (minus the toolbox which is mine). The plastic shelving units will be getting curtain rods and black curtains to make it look neater but maintain their function.

F26DA0A6-1690-48F9-AC32-5762EB67FF76.jpg

Photo 2 below: I acquired several 4' panels of Gladiator Gear wall at no cost through my work so I am thinking I will hang those on the wall where the yard tools are currently hanging. Not totally sure what I will use it for currently but I'm sure it will come in handy over time. They are white now so the panels will get painted to match the wall paint scheme. 

My current flavor on paint scheme is to go with a nice bright red on the bottom half and a gray on the top half. Going with the bright red bottom half is why I wanted to go with the black cabinetry. Think it will look pretty good based on others photos I've seen. The runner up is to do the whole wall red where the black cabinets will be and the wall with the windows all gray. Haven't fully decided yet because I need to account for what I want to do with 2 car bay side down the road. Option A scheme means I will likely go with cheap black blinds for the windows. Option B scheme I think I would go with red blinds to go with the accent wall, though not sure if that would be tacky or not.

The color scheme continues on to the floor where I want to get a Racedeck or other brand (not decided yet) type tile floor down. I am going to go with a dark gray outer ring accented with a red Block O type ring then inside the block O either black or the same dark gray as the outer ring

As you can tell the current lighting is the door opener light and a single bulb so this will be addressed at some point with a couple T8 shop lights I'm hoping come from Santa :D

E7E83515-3EAB-47F3-9439-027171193A42.jpg

And as you can see here is the 2 car side that I keep referring to. The large open space on the wall of the 2nd photo may likely be getting the 8ft sections of Gladiator gear wall that I scored for free from work but that's about all I have planned for this winter for that side.

C7EB2514-8D59-421C-AC49-11D9BBADEE93.jpg

9C25FA13-02A4-4E2F-BAE1-3C8919EA232C.jpg

I need to do something similar.  I have a 3-car garage that is my dedicated workshop.  It was drywalled but never taped.  I need to strip it bare, replace some drywall panels hen mud and tape the whole thing before painting it.  It's 1000 sqft, so won't e cheap to pay someone to do.  :crazy:

All that garage space and nothing fun to park in it... Where's the vette?

If all goes as planned, coming next year! Preferably will be a Vette however may revive my dream of a 4th gen Firehawk if I can find one

I need or organize better.  I've been spending a couple hours a day this last week going through and cleaning up  in there, going through old boxes.  The most common thing I say is; "Wow, when did I buy this?" as I pull brand new unopened packets of drill bits or a fancy set of pliers out of a long-forgotten box.  

Either that or "THAT'S where that went!!"  (I have and old military ammo box I'm going to bolt to my trailer as a storage tub for ratchet straps etc - I got a special lock for it which promptly disappeared int the workshop void, just found it yesterday after being missing a year)