Multistrada savvy folks please school me...

Helmutt

Yeah. Lower it. That way you only need a step stool instead of a reach truck. ;)

he's not kidding. He does this crazy straight kick one leg swivel hop or some shit. It's partially why I don't think the Multi is for me. Can you see my fat ass trying to do that?  :lol:

he's not kidding. He does this crazy straight kick one leg swivel hop or some shit. It's partially why I don't think the Multi is for me. Can you see my fat ass trying to do that?  :lol:

My fat ass can get on and off it just fine. And with the adjustable seat height, surely yours could too

My fat ass can get on and off it just fine. And with the adjustable seat height, surely yours could too

Aren't you like 6'3" or something though?

I'm short and stout like a teapot

Edited by Bad324

With luggage on the bike I have stick my right leg straight out and swing it over everything before I plant my ass. Always mounted my Ninja the same way to keep from scuffing the solo cowl or tail section

Edited by Hellmutt

ah I dunno why I thought you were taller, I think with my boots on I just make 5'10". I've only ever used a tailbag on the VFR so with a top case I can only imagine the amount of times I'd kick that thing

he's not kidding. He does this crazy straight kick one leg swivel hop or some shit. It's partially why I don't think the Multi is for me. Can you see my fat ass trying to do that?   :lol:

That's how I get on. Has nothing to do with height. Keeps you from scuffing your seat or dropping the leg too soon and scuffing some plastics. All the smart kids do it.

Grab the bike by the handlebars, pull the front brake tight, lean forward ( nuts to the tank forward ) as you lift your right leg up and bend at the knee before swinging it over the seat. It isn't as difficult as Bruce Lee'ing your leg out straight over the seat and hopping your ass towards the bike.

I doubt I'll get a top box for a while though. And Bad, you may just be short enough that technique wouldn't work :dunno:

That's how I get on. Has nothing to do with height. Keeps you from scuffing your seat or dropping the leg too soon and scuffing some plastics. All the smart kids do it.

With your long scrawny stems I figured you could swing a leg over.

Either which way, I'll surely be putting some 3M appliques on the bags to keep boot strikes from dicking up the finish

Grab the bike by the handlebars, pull the front brake tight, lean forward ( nuts to the tank forward ) as you lift your right leg up and bend at the knee before swinging it over the seat. It isn't as difficult as Bruce Lee'ing your leg out straight over the seat and hopping your ass towards the bike.

I doubt I'll get a top box for a while though. And Bad, you may just be short enough that technique wouldn't work :dunno:

Put a trunk on that thing when you buy it and let me know how that works out for you. My way can't be that hard, I am old as hell.

Also take a good look at how much higher my passenger seat is than where I sit. Similar to your future bike but not as pronounced, and how much further you have to stand away from the bike to clear the saddle bags. If your nuts are up against the tank you will kick your saddle bag.

post-10994-0-50960200-1447346728_thumb.j

psh ask Tim, the plastics and seat were in pristine condition on the VFR when it left my possession using the near round house style mounting tactics by yours truly 

psh ask Tim, the plastics and seat were in pristine condition on the VFR when it left my possession using the near round house style mounting tactics by yours truly 

With a trunk and saddle bags?  Was the battery dead?

Hellmutt:  Not sure if you've got heart set on a brand new '15, but if you're interested in a Multi and want to save some serious cash, there's a '10 MS base model (no ABS, no panniers) with 13K miles for sale on ADVRider flea market for $7900.  Looks super clean, 100% stock and located in Nashville, TN, so an easy 1-day drive-n-buy.  Just an FYI...

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/2010-ducati-multistrada-beautiful-cond-nashville-tn.1099628/#post-27983465

• Upvote 1

Hellmutt:  Not sure if you've got heart set on a brand new '15, but if you're interested in a Multi and want to save some serious cash, there's a '10 MS base model (no ABS, no panniers) with 13K miles for sale on ADVRider flea market for $7900.  Looks super clean, 100% stock and located in Nashville, TN, so an easy 1-day drive-n-buy.  Just an FYI...

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/2010-ducati-multistrada-beautiful-cond-nashville-tn.1099628/#post-27983465

I have no idea if this is a good deal or not but I'd definitely buy Pauly's over this one. More goodies and less $. Plus it has his musk all over it :D

Edited by Bad324

This is true.

does a tail bag and cortech saddles count?

Do you still have dem bagz?