Mid Ohio 2016

RHill

Just called to apply my gift certificate to Monday's session. Just a head's up, they said their policy changed for 2016, and now all gift certs applied to track days that are within the 10 day window  (including walk ups) are subject to a $20 fee.

Thanks for the heads up.  Pretty lame....give someone a gift cert and they still have to pay.  Oh well, the winter discount offset the additional charge plus some.

4 hours ago, AndonD454 said:

Just called to apply my gift certificate to Monday's session. Just a head's up, they said their policy changed for 2016, and now all gift certs applied to track days that are within the 10 day window  (including walk ups) are subject to a $20 fee.

Lame!

Did they mention how full the groups were getting. I'm planning on going Tuesday and walking up. What i did all of last year and never got turned away. 

1 hour ago, ludwb675 said:

Lame!

Did they mention how full the groups were getting. I'm planning on going Tuesday and walking up. What i did all of last year and never got turned away. 

Yeah I was skeptical about the fee, and she checked with someone else and they said it's a change from last year and confirmed it.. It's only within 10 days, so you could book early and avoid it, but I waited for a good forecast. 

As for how full they are, I only asked about Novice, and I actually asked them Monday (didn't ask again today). As on Monday, only 4 or 5 of 30ish novice slots were taken. 

What a perfect day today! $20 late fee on gift certificates on walk-ins as well. Apparently the late fee always applied to the gift certs but the software didn't enforce it so they never did. Someone 'fixed' the software so now they have to charge it. 

There were 15 pre-registered in intermediate. Ended up with 36 people. Was some traffic but overall pretty good with so many people. 

9 hours ago, AndonD454 said:

Awesome vid. I definitely underestimated how exhausting track days were until Monday. It was a great experience though, and I will definitely be back

Thanks!

Best way to fight the exhaustion is to always slam water, gatorade or other sports drinks between each session.  There is so much going on at the track (both on track and in the paddock) that it is easy to forget and become dehydrated very quickly.  Good food the day before and morning-of along with plenty of water help immensely as well.  

With that being said, I'm still feeling it from yesterday.

19 hours ago, Trackbikez said:

I think Ryan and his tagalongs make an appearance around the 8:30 mark.  That might be him as the lead bike in the thumbnail preview...

awww man, I didn't realize that primer bike was behind me so long....really regret the ass-camera seeing that, could have had an entire session of great video.

What kind of camera you use?  Looks really clear even on youtube.  Need to pick up a better replacement for the Hero HD2 that I left on track at Barber....the cheap chinese replacement has too much distortion to use as a primary camera.

7 minutes ago, RHill said:

What kind of camera you use?  Looks really clear even on youtube.  Need to pick up a better replacement for the Hero HD2 that I left on track at Barber....the cheap chinese replacement has too much distortion to use as a primary camera.

Sony HDR-AS100V (http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HDRAS100V-Video-Camera-White/dp/B00HNJWSH4).  Which I think has been discontinued for the 200V model.  Though, depending on who you ask, the 200V is actually a downgrade.  I did a full review here: AS100V review

Camera has GPS and stability built into it -- which helps because the vtwin on the SV shakes a heck of a lot more than my I4 bike.  And with the GPS, I get a poor man's laptimer.  I had an SJ4000 prior, and the camera housing mount broke.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 3:44 PM, Trackbikez said:

Disappointed that wasn't clear upfront, if that really is the case.

when the woman at the signup desk mentioned the late fee as I slid the printed gift certificate towards her, I said oh wait a minute, that should have been made clear when I purchased my $600 worth of certificates LAST year.  I did not pay the late fee. Must have really frazzled the poor woman cause she let my newbie buddy in without even paying a cent! (he went back and paid)

Monday was a great day. Perfect temps and not a single red flag in A group. I love A group. Now if I can only break into proper A group times....

BTW, that Kyle Hunter guy takes some great shots.

KLH_0356.jpg

2 hours ago, i-Zapp said:

when the woman at the signup desk mentioned the late fee as I slid the printed gift certificate towards her, I said oh wait a minute, that should have been made clear when I purchased my $600 worth of certificates LAST year.  I did not pay the late fee. Must have really frazzled the poor woman cause she let my newbie buddy in without even paying a cent! (he went back and paid)

Monday was a great day. Perfect temps and not a single red flag in A group. I love A group. Now if I can only break into proper A group times....

BTW, that Kyle Hunter guy takes some great shots.

There wasn't even a mention of the fee when I handed my gift cert over, so maybe I owe you a "thanks" for taking care of that for the rest of us. :)

We had 2 reds in A and 1 in Novice.  I had just met the guy that morning who went down in the 6th session - nice guy.  I think he posted a video here 

I went by soon after it happened.  All you can see from my footage is the dust plume from the kitty litter.

Willing to bet they heard about it from more than a couple people, they didn't bother mentioning it to Jester either.   They got my $20, but I'm considering it a tip for an outstanding day.  If they all turn out like Tuesday, I'll tip every time.

Still cannot believe there wasn't a bigger turnout.  

Anticipating photos....and more track time at Mid-O!

Willing to bet they heard about it from more than a couple people, they didn't bother mentioning it to Jester either.   They got my $20, but I'm considering it a tip for an outstanding day.  If they all turn out like Tuesday, I'll tip every time.

Still cannot believe there wasn't a bigger turnout.  

Anticipating photos....and more track time at Mid-O!

I want me some Mid-Ohio !