Mid Ohio 2016

RHill

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know what's up with intermediate a and b? They running 4 15 minute sessions now? Looks like twilight is advanced and intermediate a only.....

interesting. i dont think they'll trade 20 minute sessions for 15 minute ones, and if the ride time is the same (like the website says) then they must be running earlier to later time. like maybe 830 to 6 or something like that.

twilight was always reserved for the fast guys in I and A, and it seems that even that was too general of a qualification. most I riders would stay away since they just werent comfortably running with that speed differential, but MidO's typical weekday schedule would bring a lot of newly christened I riders that just made for problems.

4 groups means 7 more times throughout the day when the track is shut down between sessions......not a fan.  On a normal track day that isn't sold out, I think it makes even less sense.

If the sessions are shortened to fit the 4th group, there better be a lower limit to riders on track.  Shorter sessions means all the riders of a group are forced to be on track at the same time = more traffic if the group # remains the same.

Not a fan of extending the day to keep the session time constant, but it would be better than short sessions.

Bumped down to I last year for the trackdays around the AMA weekend, had no problem tuning 1:40 flats during sold out days.....don't think there is really a "problem".

I have contacted MO to get more details on the A B thing.  They are closed for the holiday, returning 1/4.  I will report back when I hear from them.  Ryan - don't have a cow, man!

Just putting out my perspective....interested to see what the season entails

awesome!!! Here's to having another bike and instructing again sometime next year! Gotta get a damn house bought first though.....

I got that out of the way in 2015.

Sold my house, bought a house, moved my mom, moved my mother n law, sold my mom's house put the mother n laws condo on the market, and have almost renovate my entire main floor.

Lost my job, started a new one, and a second part time job.

Oh and picked up a newer track bike. :) 

I'm ready to get more riding in this year!!! Only did about 20 track days and 4 days of racing last year. 

Anyone looking for a well setup 07 - 12 CBR 600 RR track bike? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes nothing Change , 3 groups.we just going evaluate who is eligible for twilight days.we had many people who is not consistent or up to pace signing .

Person who never been at midohio can't sign up anymore directly to A level.only people with expert racing license can go directly to advance.rest of riders will be evaluate before get bump up ,just like STT and N2 do.

Many times happen when slower intermediate riders sign to advance because intermediate was full,wont be allowed anymore.we want create safe environment for everybody.

We not doing anything new,other organizations doing this system for years.

I can do consistency, but the SV and I may not be able to muster blisteringly fast laptimes.   :o

IMH(umble)O, having run both "I" and "A" last season, even though the riders in "A" were allowed closer passing, I felt safer in "A" compared to "I" group.  I think that echos some sentiments here about the "I" group being a little bit of a cluster at times.  I can appreciate what these new group rules are trying to fix. 

I'm anxious to see this process in action and how it's going to affect folks.

Simple enough:

Advanced group - Requires evaluation or expert race license

Intermediate group - Intermediate A - Twilight eligible*

Intermediate B - Not Twilight eligible

Novice group - Unchanged

*Supermotards in intermediate are not eligible for twilight

No half days